I think it was an sr4t...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:22 PM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
I think it was an sr4t...

Is the new Neon (sr4t) out yet?
Some bozo in a Neon that looked like the new sr4t with that big spoiler (looks like the '00 Eclipse) and a very large airdam, tried to run with me Thursday night on the interstate as I was heading out towards the airport...It was misting rain, but the roads were very, very wet as it had been raining hard earlier...I passed him going about 80 and he came up beside me, cut in front of me and then slowed down. When he went around me, I heard him shift as he hit 80 or 85, and there was unmistakably a turbo under the hood...
He kept getting on it as if he wanted to run...I finally waited to about 75 and dropped into into third as I changed lanes...I ended up pulling around him to 100 then backed off...I didn't leave him or anything, just pulled from behind him to about 1 to 1/2 car lengths ahead by a little over a hundred on the speedo...
He ended up getting back in front of me and we got off at the same exit and ended up at a red light...He kept rev'ing his engine so I figured why not...
I left the TCS on, and had a little wheel spin with gradual throttle as he sat spinning all over the place (it was wet) when the green hit...I left him standing...He caught back up and we slowed to about 40 when I dropped to second, spun hard and left him again much more soundly than on the highway...He did spin again as well...
Either this guy couldn't drive, AT ALL, or the car was indeed slower...I'd say it certainly wasn't a 5.6 second, low 14's car...He did have a turbo, so it begs to ask whether it was a g'ed out Neon with an aftermarket turbo and some body stuff, but if it was the sr4t being raved about in the mags, it wasn't up to snuff...

ps: Saw an Evo in Newport Rhode Island absolutely @ssrape an Audi A4 and a Z28 this weekend! Was WAY funny to see the look on the guys face in the Z! It was priceless! While I'd say that Neon wasn't all it was cracked up to be, that Evo was very, very quick to seriously eat the other two cars and most certainly, my TL-S!
Old 05-27-2003, 06:23 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I hate to say this but with a good driver, the srt-4 can hand our a$$e$ back to us on a silver platter.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:01 PM
Dr. TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BlackShadow
I hate to say this but with a good driver, the srt-4 can hand our a$$e$ back to us on a silver platter.
I hate to say this but without any luck or traction (less than perfect conditions), the srt-4 CANNOT hand our a$$e$ back to us on a silver platter. All that HP, torque, and the turbo can be useless at times on a FWD car.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that srt-4 is a quick car though , i think it goes 0-60 in like 6 seconds ?
Old 05-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Advanced

it is still just a piece of crap with a turbo, if u take a Kia Rio and make it stupid fast for its class does that make it a cool car, no, Neons are junk, good for 16 y/o girls to learn how to drive, making them fast is just gonna raise accidents and insurance.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:22 PM
Racer

yup, the neon turbo is out for sale. i saw one a week ago driving by a old couple. this car is real fast & car&driver claimed that it actually had more hp than manufacter claimed to be. however, it's a piece of crap due to its safety concern especially the braking.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:29 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the SRT-4 is fast but nothing compared to the Evo or STi...nor does it claim to be. Its a low 14 second car making it faster than a stock TLS but like Vandy said conditions have to be right for them to rape a TLS. On the other hand, r10apple has some really nice mods making his TLS a nice mid to low 14 second car. His advantage would be its a little easier to drive an auto than it is a manny. Good kill.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:35 AM
lover and fighter

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts
Yeah, and traction control is the best weapon on a wet road...When I first got my car, I used to tell my friends it was faster than a Mustang GT...I used to prove the point by pulling up in the rain and giving some redneck the cue to run. Worked every time! Nothing like cheating to win!

All kidding aside, even without the rain, I doubt that car could be driven as fast, and as regular, as that c&d time. H=ll, c&d listed our car at 7.6 in it's last test and lists the Altima at 5.9! I cannot even begin to tell you how many Altima's--with sticks--I've run into the ground...