I still haeven't seen a 2002 TL or TL-S on the road yet!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 01:49 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I still haeven't seen a 2002 TL or TL-S on the road yet!

still have yet to see one on the road. supposedly it's been out for at least 3 weeks now but still haven't seen one! because of the stock market, business (specially for cars) is not booming....and get this for the very first time, Acura actually sent flyers around the neighbourhood advertising! it advertised the TL-S and all their cars buteveryone is desperate for business...one of the dealers also indirectly told me that we (toronto area) did have quite a few people preorder their TL-S but close to half of them cancelled (due to finances). and seeing this happen, as well as tonnes of TL-S and 2002 TL on lots, i'd say a deal probably can be had...just my 2cents
Old 04-16-2001, 07:43 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
should've used this as leverage to make em let u test drive!
Old 04-16-2001, 07:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Cool

I only saw one (silver) about a week ago, but it caught me so off guard that I couldn't tell if it was a TL or TL-S!!

------------------
1998 Acura CL 3.0 (Iced Blue) ** Some mods, but who cares,
I want a Type-S... (CL or TL)!!

Moderator - 1st Gen Forum @ www.acura-cl.com
Old 04-16-2001, 07:58 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw one white in NYC and one silver in the Garden State Parkway. And both of them were driving recklessly like they were drag racing or something. But it was a sight to see on how fast that the TLS really goes.

------------------
2002 Black on Black TL TypeS

Old 04-16-2001, 02:36 PM
Instructor

I've had my TL-S for 3 weeks now and I've yet to see another one on the road either. Even worse, I only noticed one person "checking out" my new baby since I got her! I have it completely stock but I was hoping someone would notice. The one guy who gave me multiple looks was in a late model Maxima driving on the Merrit Pkwy somewhere in CT. We would have had some fun together but he had to exit. Where are all the TL-S drivers in the Boston area?

------------------
95 Integra GS-R Stock

2002 TL-S Aegean blue
Old 04-16-2001, 02:49 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are TLS(s) on Dealer's lot, but on the road, I have only seen one(Naples Gold, which is not available in US, I believe) so far. Alot of '02 TL though...

P.S. Naples Gold TLS looks pretty decent... wish I can get the Aegean Blue in Canada though.. Ethernal Blue looks...well...no comments... ARG

Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-16-2001, 03:26 PM

Originally posted by TypeSDragon:
I saw one white in NYC and one silver in the Garden State Parkway. And both of them were driving recklessly like they were drag racing or something. But it was a sight to see on how fast that the TLS really goes.

Dragon - You must have seen your forum cronies cruising the GS Parkway because we're all just fanatical maniacs about our cars! But then I don't see anything wrong with that...

In this "town" of 12 million that I live in, (hey LA's a big town)I haven't seen any on the road, just all those at the dealerships that keep going unsold for obvious reasons.
Old 04-16-2001, 03:32 PM
Pro

Talking

Well, I only see one, but is not the Type S the regular model. Well, a lot of people check out my car whenever I stop on a traffic light.

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type S
Nighthawk Black Pearl
Parchment Leather
Old 04-16-2001, 03:33 PM
Instructor

I saw one today. That's a totaly of 2 I've seen around Phoenix (besides my own of course). My dealer said they can't even keep them in stock because the demand is so high. Who knows. I'm glad they're not everywhere yet.

Funy thing was, I saw a CL the yesterday and it was the older body style (first generation) and it had a Type-S badge on it. What the hey?? He was obviously not dring a CL Type-S. I hate it when some is a poser and just puts on random badges on their cars. If you can't afford it, don't pretend. And even if you do, it's stupid to put it on the boyy style that didn't have a Type-S version. Just a gripe of mine...off topic I'm sure. Amusing nonetheless.
Old 04-16-2001, 03:41 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Originally posted by JTang:
I saw one today. That's a totaly of 2 I've seen around Phoenix (besides my own of course). My dealer said they can't even keep them in stock because the demand is so high. Who knows. I'm glad they're not everywhere yet.

Funy thing was, I saw a CL the yesterday and it was the older body style (first generation) and it had a Type-S badge on it. What the hey?? He was obviously not dring a CL Type-S. I hate it when some is a poser and just puts on random badges on their cars. If you can't afford it, don't pretend. And even if you do, it's stupid to put it on the boyy style that didn't have a Type-S version. Just a gripe of mine...off topic I'm sure. Amusing nonetheless.
It's amazing that how some ppl would do anything to keep their own image up. I have seen Civics with Type-R badges all over, and sticks all over the car, and they tend to drive recklessly, and ALWAYS steer to the outerlane at stoplight and overtake ALL cars in sight. It doesn't matter if they put 10 Type-S on that CL you see, as we all know very well that, even if we take off our Type S badge, we still will smoke them at stoplights.....

Just leave the wannabes as is....they will learn a thing or 2 once most of our TLS(s) are well broken-in...

Andy Kuo

------------------
'92 Mercedes-Benz 400SE
Pearl Grey/Black

'02 Acura TL-S
Satin Silver/Ebony

Mercedes-Benz S-Class
Old 04-16-2001, 04:30 PM
Racer

I've seen a few TLS's around town...the day I was picking up my car last thursday...I thought the same thing..."man I haven't even seen one on the road yet" then that morning I see a satin silver one and a WDP one. Kind of Ironic....

but the next day after getting my tls...a silver CLS sped past me...then slowed down to give me a thumbs up and a "nice car"
Old 04-16-2001, 06:17 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 497 Likes on 230 Posts
Arrow

I have yet to see a 2002 TL or TL-S on the road, though I know my local dealer has pumped out a few TL-S's. I was there when they were delivering a WDP a week or so ago.

:-jon

------------------
02 TL-S NAV w/Spoiler, Body Kit, Bowling Ball Wheel!
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
Pictures at: <A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1626677&f=0
" TARGET=_blank>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1626677&f=0
</A>
Old 04-16-2001, 10:23 PM
Pro

Exclamation

I live in L.A. and drive 52 miles a day to and from work and I have yet to see one.
Old 04-16-2001, 10:42 PM
Intermediate

I own a silver Type S and have seen a Aegean Blue "S" in Newark, NJ last week, and a couple of weeks before that I saw a tan regular TL in Plainfield. It'll take some time before you see alot of them cause I remember last summer when the IS300 came out, I only saw a few all summer in Jersey, then towards the end of the year is when I started seeing alot of them. You got to remember, not everybody is buying the TL or TL Type S, which is good, cause having the car rarely seen makes it more attractive, or would you rather it be a common car like the new civic? I see a ton of those everyday!!!
Old 04-16-2001, 11:13 PM

I have the only one in my town!!!
Old 04-16-2001, 11:33 PM
Advanced

Thumbs up

i finally saw the first 2002 TL on the road today, not the type S though. And wouldn't you know it, a young guy was driving it (late teens, early twenties probably). Damn dealers have gotta learn that young people also like and drive TLs
Old 04-16-2001, 11:42 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Saw two of them this weekend on my way to Sacramento. Came up behind the first one I saw, I hoped it was someone here but I went next to the driver's side and looked over to see who the driver was but it turned out to be an older woman driving with her seat all the way up to the steering wheel.

I went in front of them and flashed my hazards to say waszzup but no response...

I don't think that was anyone here...