I need advice! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2003, 03:56 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need advice! HELP!

I was coming home today around 12:30 through a quiet residential area and was just crusing. I was just crusing until I saw a motorcycle cop on the left and I was like :wow:. So I just pulled over and gave him the attitude. He gave me a speeding ticket for going 46 at a 25 mph zone. The thing I am about the ticket is that it says:

Speed Approx. : 46
Veh. Lmt. : 25
Safe : 30

What the heck is safe? Does that mean anything good since 30 is 5 mph higher than 25? Am I screwed for going 46 in a 25 or a 30. Since 30 sounds much better. This sucks

ITS MY FIRST TICKET THIS SUCKS

and then I asked him how he caught me. He said he used laser and started to about how good it was and like he demonstrated with his hands how small the beam is and I was like :worship: to him so he wouldnt give me a ticket and it didn't quite work out.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:21 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that 5 mph is like a buffer zone. IOW, he wouldn't have give you a ticket if you were going 30 in a 25.

Since this is your first ticket, I suggest you fight it. More than likely the judge will see your clean record and will probably either throw it out or reduce the fine. If you can't represent yourself then either get a lawyer or cut a deal with the prosecutor.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:31 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
My Advice

Your admitted to going 46 in a 25 mph zone. This is not excatly a Federal Crime. Be a man, nut it up, and pay the fine or go to Traffic School.

I hope the American Way is not to lie under oath to a Judge for a freaking minor traffic violation.
Old 04-01-2003, 04:35 PM
Original Member #81

Here in FL you can plead no contest in front of the Judge. You'll pay court costs and a fine, but no points on your license. Like they said Nut Up and deal with it, there will be more where that one came from......

Charles
Old 04-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Burning Brakes

This never fails me... even with $400+ speading tickets my TL-S got me into...

http://www.ticketclinic.com/

The american way is that you ain't guilty until proven so in a court of law... I am fed up with the shtoopid coppers that have nothing better to do than to pick easy targets to give tickets to... Heck, my mom, who I can testify is NOT, and I repeat, NOT a fast driver by any means, got a 25 mph speeding ticket. American way my a$$! Lazy flatfoots...
Old 04-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Advanced

yeah!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 12:07 PM
Safety Car

How do you get a ticket with "crusing"?, "Crusing" is something you do when your going like 15 mph, if you did 46, you not "crusing", your speeding. Anyway, I'm sure your dad can cover it since he sold so many Tornados.
Old 04-02-2003, 12:43 PM

Your Right!!

Originally posted by stiletto

The american way is that you ain't guilty until proven so in a court of law... I am fed up with the shtoopid coppers that have nothing better to do than to pick easy targets to give tickets to... Heck, my mom, who I can testify is NOT, and I repeat, NOT a fast driver by any means, got a 25 mph speeding ticket. American way my a$$! Lazy flatfoots...
Your right, you "ain't guilty" (sic) until proven...

We'll, if you read the original tread, he admitted to speeding and as such, an Admission of Guilt is "Guilty" so lets digress.

Now, if your child, friend, family member (Mom) what-have-you, were to be hit in a crosswalk by that same speeder. You would say something like: "Why aren't those lazy Cops doing anything about the speeders around here...” or would you face your injured or dying Mom and tell her to be more mindful of speeding cars?

Let met know... I'm interested in what you would say to your Mom or the Police in that situation. Who is being "shtoopid" (sic) now?

PS. The Cop wasn't too lazy to hand out that speeding ticket, just an observation.

You got roasted :flamer:

Mike Smeezy

35% Full Tint
Front Nose Bra
17” Type-S Rims
Rear Deck Spoiler
H&R Sport Springs
Anthracite 2003 TL
Old 04-02-2003, 03:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: My Advice

Originally posted by Vffr1
Your admitted to going 46 in a 25 mph zone. This is not excatly a Federal Crime. Be a man, nut it up, and pay the fine or go to Traffic School.

I hope the American Way is not to lie under oath to a Judge for a freaking minor traffic violation.
It's not about lying to the judge (hard to lie against a laser). It's about the judge being lenient and letting you off.

Besides ... more repercussions on just the fine and traffic school -- insurance rates.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by stiletto

How about going the speed limit then? How are the cops to choose between who's a regular speeder and someone who isnt?

I hate people who blame cops because they were caught speeding. The cops are only doing their job. You want the limit raised? Talk to your congressman.

One more thing -- 46 in a 25...you probably deserved it.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:32 PM

Re: Re: My Advice

see below
Old 04-02-2003, 03:37 PM

yeah!!!
Old 04-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Let met know... I'm interested in what you would say to your Mom or the Police in that situation. Who is being "shtoopid" (sic) now?
... mental note. remember to spellcheck documents before sending...

did I say schtoopid????

my bad. I wanted to say dumbasslazysonofabit(ch)doughnutstuffedbeerbellyoc ifer.

as for my comment on the thread:

Touche!!!

you (Vffr1, <B>Mike Smeezy</B>) are sooooooo cool pointing this out to my ignorant self.

Obviously in your part of the woods (Sand Valley), more kids die from 20+ over the limit speeders than the kids that die from drugdealers spraying lead indiscriminnatly like they do around here (miami-dade)... I can understand your concern and see how you encourage the dumbasslazysonofabit(ch)doughnutstuffedbeerbellyoc ifer to do their duty and punish those law breaking children killers running around the 25 mph neighborhoods. I can't thank you enough for doing that, brother.
Old 04-02-2003, 03:45 PM

I hope you don't talk like you write.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Burning Brakes

i don't doode... I don't know how to write.
Old 04-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Instructor

is lovemytl a cop?
what do you guys think?