I love cold weather... with a bad ending. Bonus: Spoon cooling mods short term review

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
I love cold weather... with a bad ending. Bonus: Spoon cooling mods short term review

So it's about 20 degrees up here right now. I was dropping off a friend and going for a short cruise. No traction in first gear. The Toyos obviously aren't designed to run in such cold weather, so they don't have traction for shit.

I'm loving the instant throttle response, though. The car feels much sharper and even if I'm a gear too high it just shrugs off and goes. I should probably reconnect the coolant lines to the throttle bodies, however. I don't want them to ice up.

With the Spoon cooling mods, the engine is running cooler (duh); about 3-4 lines lower than usual on the temp gauge. Warm-up time has not changed at all, and the heater is working as normal. But I've only turned it up to 80 degrees so far, so I don't know if it'll be as effective above that temperature. But if I'm sitting still, the temp gauge rises to the previous level, then comes down again as I start moving. I guess I'll just have to live with that.

So anyway, after having some fun, I turned onto this one street heading home. Then I noticed a cop coming out of a side street and he got behind me. He flicked the lights on right away, and I pulled over.

"License, registration, proof of insurance, and a doctor's note for the tinted windows, please."

"Umm, I don't have one, so..."

Long story short, I got a ticket for the tinted front windows, and also got ticketed for no proof of insurance because my dumbass forgot where I put it. Now I have to pay a 25-dollar mandatory processing fee for the insurance thing, and a 120+ dollar fine for the tint. There goes a tire!! And I need winter tires badly.

I suppose I'm pretty lucky, though. I've had the tint for like 2 years now and I've never been bothered about it. At least he didn't get me for spinning tires or anything that I was doing earlier. He said that I could just pay the fine and keep it, and risk getting pulled over again. I jokingly said "pulled over by you?" and he laughed. He said once he knows who it is, he won't bother with 'em. Whatever. I was going to keep it, anyway. It was a birthday gift from my brother. Sentimental value > 120-dollar fine

That is all.