I have TL S-insomnia!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2002, 04:59 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have TL S-insomnia!

Just bought my TL Type S yesterday...and I can't sleep. I keep reading the manual and sitting in the car , this is my first brand new car! I got it at Cerritos Acura and its a 2003 TL Type S Anthracite/Ebony w/Navi, On-Star, and the upgraded alarm system. I was so nervous driving home. That's all...just wanted to share my enthusiasm.
Old 05-12-2002, 05:47 AM
Instructor

Yeahhhh,

That feeling is incredible- The first weeks of a new car. I have had mine for three weeks.--- 03/TLS/Silver/NAV-

I woke up the following morning and sat in it with a cup of coffee.

I also avoided bumps and waxed it twice-

Enjoy it and break it in slow

Old 05-12-2002, 05:51 AM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Cool It's OK,... take a deep breath!!

Yes i have had insomnia for some time... It doesn't go away either I even gets worse with every mod you do to the car(if your a person who likes to mod cars). Washing it becomes akin to having sex(ok maybe not, but it's damn nice!!)

Sometime I feel like a tweeker who is high not off of drugs, but high off of the car... not the gas fumes
Old 05-12-2002, 08:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: I have TL S-insomnia!

Originally posted by TL909
the upgraded alarm system.
What is the upgraded alarm system?
Old 05-12-2002, 08:15 AM
Intermediate

Nothing like sitting in your brand new car with that "new car smell".

Have fun.. it a great car!

Myers
Old 05-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Banned

have fun!!!!!!!
Old 05-12-2002, 10:00 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
9 weeks later and I still know what you mean! Sometimes at night I just feel like getting in the car and driving! I am also starting to open the car up a little (2700 miles) and am appreciating the power even more now!
Old 05-12-2002, 04:32 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by EmuMessenger
What is the upgraded alarm system?
With the factory alarm, it only goes off when the door is opened. So with the upgrade, they gave me shock sensors, auto-locking when the door is open then shut, and a kill switch. They said if I were to put an aftermarket alarm it would void my electrical warranty. Plus, the upgraded alarm comes with a $5,000 insurance if my car were to be stolen.

Originally posted by ferizzo
I am also starting to open the car up a little (2700 miles) and am appreciating the power even more now!
How exactly do you break a car in correctly?
Old 05-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Cruisin'

Congrats .......I know you'll love it.....so for how much did you walk away with it???? ...did you get a good deal
Old 05-12-2002, 06:00 PM
4dr & I like it that way

Is the upgraded alarm a new 03 option?
Old 05-12-2002, 06:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Congratulations on your new baby! Great color and you sprung for the Navi, too! (Smart man!)

I've had mine for 8.5 months now and I STILL love getting into it. Also glad you got an enhanced alarm system... but I wouldn't put too much stock into what a salesman tells you about your electrical system. If it voided our warranties the aftermarket alarm industry would be going out of business! As you can see by my signature I've got a few mods on the car and never a peep from my dealer (who's installed most of them) about voiding a warranty. Oh well, live and let live I say.

Anyway enjoy your car, take it easy for the first 600 to 1000 miles and park far, far away from the crazy foolz out there!

Later,

V.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:51 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Deuce
Congrats .......I know you'll love it.....so for how much did you walk away with it???? ...did you get a good deal
It was 31,500 + tax. They also threw in the mud guards and wheel locks. I think I got a pretty good deal.

Originally posted by vperkins2
If it voided our warranties the aftermarket alarm industry would be going out of business!
That sounds true...but it was part of the deal anyhow. Could I add the "auto window up" onto the factory alarm? They said if I modified the navi screen then my electrical system warranty would be voided and I would have to pay for everything. If I plan to upgrade the stereo, that would be part of the electrical system then, right?! Is there a way to get around this? I can't wait to start modding, but I'm scared to void the warranties.
Old 05-12-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by vperkins2
I've had mine for 8.5 months now and I STILL love getting into it..
heh.. mine has been going onto a year and some and I STILL love it and smell 'hints' of new car smell sometimes (maybe my imagination). Aside from a few squeaks occasionally, weird rough idle at times, and the scare of tranny problems, I can still say I love the car. my favorite moments are when I come off a highway drive and just stop and everything is just rock solid and silent or when I'm just sportshifting away and hitting the right gears and it flows.

enjoy your car!!
Old 05-14-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro

Damn, you guys are a bunch of freaks! Enjoy it. After 10 months, I still love it. Especially when you're driving on the freeway and somebody would come up just alittle behind your front doors (blind spot) and slows down to your cruising speed for awhile and then drives off. You know they were checking out your ride. Gotta love it.

axleback
Old 05-14-2002, 12:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally posted by TL909
... Could I add the "auto window up" onto the factory alarm? They said if I modified the navi screen then my electrical system warranty would be voided and I would have to pay for everything. If I plan to upgrade the stereo, that would be part of the electrical system then, right?! Is there a way to get around this? I can't wait to start modding, but I'm scared to void the warranties.
I'm not an expert or anything, but from the posts I've read mostly the aftermarket folks seem to be adding the windows up or sunroof close option. I seem to remember someone (Bebber?) wrote up some doc... but I think it dealt with the sunroof. (I'm too tired to do a search right now.)

My approach to the warranties are that they'll have to prove my mod caused the problem -- otherwise I expect them to cover the damages. Just use reliable shops when you make your changes!

Good luck!

V.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Racer

congrats on your purchase! I know how that feels like... mines already 6 monthes old but i still feel that way sometimes...hehe

anyways...during break in, try to gun it once in a while... get the feeling for the VTECH couple of times. just don't do it everytime your at a red light hehe... it's addictive