I have no respect for thieves!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2001, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I have no respect for thieves!

Anybody who tries to steal HID lights, cd players, etc. pisses me off. Not to be mean, but if I ever caught someone in the act of braking into my car, I would honestly beat the living crap out of them. People work hard to get what they want and poverty stricken lowlives have to ruin it.
Old 06-18-2001, 05:59 PM
Instructor

Only beat them?

What if it were a situation like Gone in Sixty Seconds where the theif had to do it to save his brother's life

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 06:09 PM
Race Director

I don't coddle criminals and I don't condone criminal activity either. I would be the first to make the punishment(s) stiffer, I believe it is too lenient. But stealing auto parts is sorta petty and non-violent. Clearly it doesn't require physical violence as a viable response. Unfortunately in the eyes of the law, it is only personal property, despite how difficult it was for you to obtain, how long you had to work for it, who gave/sold it to you, etc. And the law will treat it that way when it comes to replacement and consideration of your reaction(s).

I say this because I once confronted a young man who broke into my car (not a car thief, just broke it to steal stuff) with a handgun. He ran away and I ran to go call the police. Later, after thinking about the whole situation, I determined that it was silly and I was almost involved in a life-changing event, over what? A god-damn Passport radar detector. The very same 2-band radar detector that you couldn't give away these days. How pathetic that was. My weapons now remain indoors for home defense of life-threatening situations only.

And I don't even consider causing bodily harm to petty thieves. My 2 cents.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
Road Warrior
Old 06-18-2001, 06:24 PM
Banned

My friend told me if you videotape or take pictures of the mods(speakers, cd players, etc, you have done to your car, and they get stolen that insurance will replace them. Is this true? He said this is only if you have full coverage.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 92legend:
My friend told me if you videotape or take pictures of the mods(speakers, cd players, etc, you have done to your car, and they get stolen that insurance will replace them. Is this true? He said this is only if you have full coverage.

That helps the pictures and all but you have to pay extra $$ a month to protect your Sh&t. For example I had rims on my car and got them insured. I told my insurance agent what they would cost to replace ($2000). I had to pay an extra $16 a month to insure my rims. Im not sure if everyones insurance is that way but mine is...
Old 06-18-2001, 09:11 PM
Pro

Thumbs up

Caning thiefs is a good deterrant. It is not as severe as hand choping as they do in Saudi Arabia. I am sure either one of those punishment would deter most would be thieves.