I finally got the Injen put on

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 02:40 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I finally got the Injen put on

I had the Injen installed at Park Ave Acura. They had me in and out withing 1 1/2 hours. I also lucked out Big time because Rondog from the Cl board purchased an aem that was cut too high by accident and needed to be replaced. Instead of taking the free Injen and installation, he gave it to me for 200. So all together i lucked out and paid 200 bucs for an injen intake with installation. He saved me 180 bucs. As far as sound and performance, i havent been able to get on it because the rain, but i do feel a difference. The car gets to vtec quicker and has a healthy note to it. Normal driving it makes absolutely no sound and sounds stock, but when you get on it the sund is ridiculous. I am a believer now and for all you guys still debating about whether or not to get an intake, get it. You will love it. The only reason i went with Injen was because the size for the aem on my 99 was a 2.75 and the injen is 3 inches, also the injen is polished. I wanted the polish look with the 3 inch piping on my 99. A few people said that the diameter makes a difference, albeit small.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Bada Bing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats Bigman! So Rondog backed out after all huh?
Old 06-14-2002, 04:09 PM
Racer

Re: I finally got the Injen put on

Originally posted by bigman
I had the Injen installed at Park Ave Acura. They had me in and out withing 1 1/2 hours. I also lucked out Big time because Rondog from the Cl board purchased an aem that was cut too high by accident and needed to be replaced. Instead of taking the free Injen and installation, he gave it to me for 200. So all together i lucked out and paid 200 bucs for an injen intake with installation. He saved me 180 bucs. As far as sound and performance, i havent been able to get on it because the rain, but i do feel a difference. The car gets to vtec quicker and has a healthy note to it. Normal driving it makes absolutely no sound and sounds stock, but when you get on it the sund is ridiculous. I am a believer now and for all you guys still debating about whether or not to get an intake, get it. You will love it. The only reason i went with Injen was because the size for the aem on my 99 was a 2.75 and the injen is 3 inches, also the injen is polished. I wanted the polish look with the 3 inch piping on my 99. A few people said that the diameter makes a difference, albeit small.
You sold me kid... But might do the short ram all this rain in Miami and the way the streets get at times I feel like even if I get the bypass is still not sufficient. Might just go with the short ram and the heat shield and I agree am also feeling the whole polish 3inch look and style... Slap on some pics when you can....
Old 06-14-2002, 06:03 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i will take pics asap, get the full intake, have it cut and you can make it a short ram and cai at will. Yeah sly he backed out and i lucked out.
Old 06-14-2002, 08:08 PM
Instructor

Bigman:

After driving your car I am going to get my Dinan intake for sure...and to anyone who is debating on getting an intake, DO IT... after driving BIGMAN's TL, I am going out this week to get one of my own (Dinan intake, not a TL ) Peace!
Old 06-14-2002, 09:30 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats bro and welcome to the intake club.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:00 PM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Re: I finally got the Injen put on

Originally posted by bigman
Bout time bigman... hook that TL up boy!!!! can't wait to see the changes at the meet!!! Congrats!