How much for bumper and referral of body shop in Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2003, 06:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much for bumper and referral of body shop in Bay Area

My TL-S's bumper was hit by a exhaust pipe that broke loose from another car on the highway. I believe the bumer needs to be replaced, as well as the 2 fog light lens. Anyone know how much it would cost to get these fixed? And any one have any recommendation for a good body shop (preferrably one that will eat up the $240 deductible) Thanks alot!
Old 02-25-2003, 07:15 PM
5th Gear

You should try Sunny Auto Body in SF on Potrero Ave. Almost everyone I talk to recommends me to them including many shops. I saw my friends repainted fender and rear bumper electron blue SI last week and I examined it very closely because I want a part of my car repainted also. There was not a single flaw I could find. Looked like factory paint to me if my friend never told me it wasn't repainted.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Instructor

I went to Sunny Auto Body on Potrero Ave. four years ago and they did a horrible job on my dad's Mercedes 300D. They repainted the whole car for $1000 which was a good deal, but the paint is fading and peeling. They didn't even bother to scrape off the old paint when they repainted the whole car. I do not recommend going there. Not to be prejudice or anything, but I know that a bunch of high-school teens works in there and they do a sloppy job. Check out my recommendations at the TL forum. I am positive you will be satisfied with the results if you get it painted at either "Yips" or "AL". The "AL" place did an excellent job on my TL-P rear bumper. My rear TL-P bumper is now smooth, glossy, and they matched the factory paint perfectly. Keep me updated on the progress of your car.
Old 02-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by InspireSaber
I went to Sunny Auto Body on Potrero Ave. four years ago and they did a horrible job on my dad's Mercedes 300D. They repainted the whole car for $1000 which was a good deal, but the paint is fading and peeling.
Like the old saying goes, "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Other than Maaco, there isn't a shop I know of anywhere that would paint an entire Mercedes for $1000. A proper, professional paint job for a full car will run you well over $3000. Regardless of what you paid, it's never a good deal if you end up with a substandard result.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: How much for bumper and referral of body shop in Bay Area

Originally posted by alient
My TL-S's bumper was hit by a exhaust pipe that broke loose from another car on the highway. I believe the bumer needs to be replaced, as well as the 2 fog light lens. Anyone know how much it would cost to get these fixed? And any one have any recommendation for a good body shop (preferrably one that will eat up the $240 deductible) Thanks alot!
Where are you at?

I suggest going to Experience Auto Body in Oakland.
They fixed roughly about 20k worth of damages to my car and it looks perfect. They stand by their work 100% and offer warranty on it through out the life of the car. Come by and visit. Chances are you'll see ALOT of f*cked up Oakland PD cars there since they also do body work for police interceptors.

Their number is 510-532-2356.

Ask to speak to Ed Lopez and tell them Ernest sent you. Maybe he'll give you a break and eat up the deductable. They not only paid for my towing (when I got in an accident), but also covered my deductable AND gave me a free OEM spoiler.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:31 AM
Racer

thanks for the help guys, I am in Hayward, not too far away from Oakland, so I will give that place a ring and see what he can do.
Old 02-26-2003, 12:42 PM
5th Gear

$1000 for the whole car? I assure you that Sunny will charge you over $3000 for a paint job.

Originally posted by InspireSaber
I went to Sunny Auto Body on Potrero Ave. four years ago and they did a horrible job on my dad's Mercedes 300D. They repainted the whole car for $1000 which was a good deal, but the paint is fading and peeling. They didn't even bother to scrape off the old paint when they repainted the whole car. I do not recommend going there. Not to be prejudice or anything, but I know that a bunch of high-school teens works in there and they do a sloppy job. Check out my recommendations at the TL forum. I am positive you will be satisfied with the results if you get it painted at either "Yips" or "AL". The "AL" place did an excellent job on my TL-P rear bumper. My rear TL-P bumper is now smooth, glossy, and they matched the factory paint perfectly. Keep me updated on the progress of your car.