How I got compensated from ACURA!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 09:30 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How I got compensated from ACURA!

There is a thread in acura-cl forum about how this guy got compensated... here's my story... I got a brand new car with 700 CDN credits plus 20 car wash tickets...
here's the story..
May 2, 2000

Honda Canada Inc.
P.O. Box 7777
Don Mills, ON
M3C 3Y4

To Whom It May Concern,

I am extremely dissatisfied with the purchase of a brand new 2000 Acura 3.2 TL that I made on April 5, 2000. The dealership that I am dealing with is Acura of North Toronto. In the following paragraphs, I have outlined the problems I am having with my new car. As well, I have described the experience and history I¡¦ve had with the dealership and service departments in the past two weeks.

On April 5th, I picked up the new car. Around April 12th, I booked an appointment with the service department due to the following problems I found:

1. One master key was missing (which should be provided by the dealership) when the car is delivered.

2. Tinted Windows have bubbles and were not lined up correctly.

3. Radio has high-frequency noise after using for about 1 to 2 hours.

I showed this noise to Wallace, Kelvin in the sales department and Lewis in the service department.

4. Passenger¡¦s side roof trim has been dented.

5. Xeon Light ¡V the colours of the two sides were different: one was purple and the other was yellow.

6. Driver¡¦s side needed to be waxed clean (buffered).

7. Rare mud guards were missing.

8. Engine Problem, it will shake when restarting after driving for a while.

On April 19th, I brought the car in for service. Then on April 24th, I got the car back but only the mud guards (#7) and the missing master key (#1) problems were resolved. None of the others (listed above) were taken care of after SIX days!!! And I found lots of ¡§surface scars¡¨ around the whole car, they were not there before I brought the car in for service.

On May 1st, I brought the car in again for the following problems:

1. Trim on the roof

2. Xeon Light colors

3. Tinted Windows

4. Exchange Radio

5. Buffer the whole car and put the paint protection back on

Also I asked Lewis about the engine fan. I found that it takes about 20 minutes to cool down even if I only just start the car for 5 minutes in the morning. He said it is normal.

On May 3rd, I got the car back around 4:40 pm. To my surprise and extreme disappointment, I found that the Xeon Light colors are still different, so I called Lewis at 4:55 pm. He asked me to bring the car in again the next day. In addition, the radio is still not changed. The service department said all Acura cars are like this and even if they do replace a new one for me, it will still be the same. I do not believe this since I have been driving Honda cars for the past 10 years. All my family members drive Hondas as well.

As you can see, I am extremely frustrated with all these problems with this car. I am really tired of bringing the car in again and again to show them the problems. I bought this new car to enjoy the comfort it has to offer, not to schedule appointments with the service department every week especially it¡¦s only been less than a month. I¡¦m sure that you can understand that when a person invest this much money into an asset such as a car, the person should not be taking risks with it but instead to enjoy it. This has not been an enjoyable experience. This car poses so many problems and these problems are found during the first week after I got it. I only bought the car for 28 days. And of the 28 days I¡¦ve had it, I have been driving a courtesy car for 9 days due to repairs ¡V this is one-third of the time I¡¦ve had it! Since I had to bring the car back time after time, all the sales representatives in the dealership know who I am now. I trusted the service department that all the problems could be resolved but it seems that they can only fix the physical parts such as changing the trim and putting on the mud guards.

I am extremely disappointed in the service and product I have received. If nothing serious will be done about my case, I am going to file a formal compliant to associations such as the Better Business Bureau that will provide help to fight for my rights as a consumer . In addition, I will talk to the friends from The Toronto Star to make a case for myself.

Please understand that I would like to resolve this just as much as you do, but it takes both parties to accomplish this. At this point in time, I want to request Honda Canada to provide a satisfactory solution for me. I am requesting either a cancellation of this deal which means a full refund of my money or an exchange of a new TL for me please. Thank you for your time.

And later they found out the problem why the engine won't start is because of some chemical stuff added in gas during winter in Canada... so they replace my ECU too...
Old 01-29-2002, 10:01 AM
Racer

What was their answear to all this. What car did they give you in exchange?
Old 01-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Pawel
What was their answear to all this. What car did they give you in exchange?
They didn't say much... the just told me I won and they've decided to give me a new car...
They gave me another brand new TL.... I even get to pick it up myself in the dealership garage before they send it over to the dealership... the newest car ever... only 3 or 7 kms when I got it....
Old 01-29-2002, 01:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
wow,i learned something new again...amir is chien.....nashau nighthawk...is beiruty....i wish you guys would use one name ...its getting hard to remember who you know...
Old 01-29-2002, 01:19 PM
Racer

Originally posted by typeR
wow,i learned something new again...amir is chien.....nashau nighthawk...is beiruty....i wish you guys would use one name ...its getting hard to remember who you know...
nah.. me ain't no amir... who is amir by the way??
Old 01-29-2002, 02:54 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by Chien
nah.. me ain't no amir... who is amir by the way??
You've been here for almost a year and you still don't know amirsafdari?? He's the one who posted his compensation story in the A-CL forum.
Old 01-30-2002, 03:56 AM
Pro

huh...
i dont get it...so is the car you have now the new one you got then or are you getting a new one now?
Old 01-30-2002, 10:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,196 Posts
Hey that's cool. I guess it pays to document everything!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:55 AM
Racer

Originally posted by VeiLsTyleZ
huh...
i dont get it...so is the car you have now the new one you got then or are you getting a new one now?
the car I have now is a new one.....
see if ACURA will get u a new ride after two years... IMPOSSIBLE~~~