How do u fill in screw holes in bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 01:26 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do u fill in screw holes in bumper?

What is recommended to fill in some screw holes in the front bumper? I moved my plate lower down from where it was on the bumper, when i took the plate off the bumper, there are a couple of holes that were obviously made by some brainiac to screw in the plate.

thx
Old 10-17-2001, 04:29 AM
Burning Brakes

too bad

That's a tough one. The only right way to do it is to patch up the holes with body filler and sand it down till its level with the rest of the bumper. Then you need to paint over it and the only way to get a perfect paint job is to repaint the whole bumper.

I say take it back to the dealer and have them fix it up for you. Tell them you don't plan on putting a front plate on and they should never have drilled the holes there in the first place. There's a front plate mounting bracket they could have used and not have drilled those ugly screw holes.
Old 10-17-2001, 07:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

If you dont want to do the sand/paint thing then i think you can "plug" up the holes. I believe they sell bumper plugs for the Integra. Correct me if i wrong. Hope this helps.
Old 10-17-2001, 08:33 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by NBP TL
If you dont want to do the sand/paint thing then i think you can "plug" up the holes. I believe they sell bumper plugs for the Integra. Correct me if i wrong. Hope this helps.
Your 100% right. I went to the dealer and complained about it a few months after i picked up my car and the service manager gave me plugs from a '99 integra (satin silver metallic) to plug them up with. The only problem here is you must drill two 'pilot' holes on each side of the big hole for them to 'plug' into. I'll take pictures one of these days to show you what I mean.

If your service guy isn't cool, they charge you about $3.95 each for them. The only other thing is the color of your car (the TL). If they didn't make an integra in that color your **** out of like on that option.

p.s. good luck if you try and get the dealer to fill and re-paint the bumper or even swap it out with another one....i tried that as well
Old 10-17-2001, 09:58 AM
Pro

Thanks guys. I'll look into this plug thing. Since i bought the car preowned, my dealer can't do anything as they did use the right plate holder. It was the prev dealer or owner that did it.
Old 10-17-2001, 10:34 PM
Racer

i need to plug up my holes too, but i dont understand what teg plugs you got....are they like silver screws that match the color of the car?

Originally posted by ArN 2000 TL

Your 100% right. I went to the dealer and complained about it a few months after i picked up my car and the service manager gave me plugs from a '99 integra (satin silver metallic) to plug them up with. The only problem here is you must drill two 'pilot' holes on each side of the big hole for them to 'plug' into. I'll take pictures one of these days to show you what I mean.

If your service guy isn't cool, they charge you about $3.95 each for them. The only other thing is the color of your car (the TL). If they didn't make an integra in that color your **** out of like on that option.

p.s. good luck if you try and get the dealer to fill and re-paint the bumper or even swap it out with another one....i tried that as well
Old 10-18-2001, 01:04 AM
Pro

Arn,

U got any pics of these plugs and how it looks on the bumper? Would help us all.

Thanks