How bout this idea....

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How bout this idea....

Do you guys think it would be possible to have a professional place paint the "wood" trim that comes in the TL. I was wondering if those parts could be painted aegean blue like my car. I was also thinking of buying a wood kit and then maybe having that painted too. I wouldnt use all the pieces becasue it would be too much blue, but do you think its possible? Its just me thinking out loud.

PS--A friend of mine mentioned to me puttin neons under the door handles. At first it sounded cool as hell, but even if you could do that, It would be a s%&$ load of work. Just a thought.
Old 04-22-2003, 09:08 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good idea on the painted woodtrim.
But Neon= Rice.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Instead of painting, you can buy some silver powder coated vinyl and wrap the pieces. I've done the center console pieces. If I get time I'll try doing it on the door pieces as well. Since it is just vinyl pieces, you can remove them if you don't like it...while painting is not reversible and cost more. However, it takes lots of patience and skill to do just the center pieces due to the curvature and bent.

Old 04-22-2003, 11:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn that looks mad tight...however that whole patience and skill thing doesnt go over well with me :p