hot or not?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2002, 10:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i'm just saying that i don't like the paint job, :yack: and if it's a show car, it did not even win at the PAA meet!! waste of $$
Old 06-05-2002, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally posted by Avirex34
well i'm just saying that i don't like the paint job, :yack: and if it's a show car, it did not even win at the PAA meet!! waste of $$
ahahahahaha LOL.. that was tooo funny. You guys really are starting to crack me up.

The only contest at PAA was a Zaino/Shine contest, which only about 5 cars were in. Astro was not one of them. All of the cars that were in the contest were to the left of Astro, by the entrance... starting with the Red CL-S and going left to the parking lot entrance itself. So of course he didn't win.. he wasn't in any contest/competition.... too funny.

I'm done replying in here now b/c too many people just don't get it..... LOL....
Old 06-05-2002, 10:54 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by SlyTLS
The gold ACURA Type-S badge...got to go. Sticks out like a sore thumb, doesn't fit the trunk's clean look.
thats not a permanent part of the stereo. that doesnt even belong there...

we just taped it on there to show off a prototype of something that will be a future product for our cars.

some people got it. some didnt...

either way... dont judge based on that. we just used his trunk to set off the plaque... not the plaque to set off the trunk and im sure its gone by now.

if you didnt notice. both are cars were littered with hints of stuff that will soon be available. unfortunately... none of it was done.
Old 06-05-2002, 10:55 AM
Racer

well whatever, i'm just saying i don't like the paint job....is that so hard to understand??
Old 06-05-2002, 11:01 AM
The Creator

well whatever, i'm just saying i don't like the paint job....is that so hard to understand??
from a TL owner? hell naw
Old 06-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Bada Bing

Originally posted by soopa

thats not a permanent part of the stereo. that doesnt even belong there...

we just taped it on there to show off a prototype of something that will be a future product for our cars.

some people got it. some didnt...

either way... dont judge based on that. we just used his trunk to set off the plaque... not the plaque to set off the trunk and im sure its gone by now.

if you didnt notice. both are cars were littered with hints of stuff that will soon be available. unfortunately... none of it was done.
Soopa, I was not aware that it wasn't permanent and am glad to hear that it is probably long gone. As you can tell it diverted my attention quite a bit. I wasn't judging the entire thing on that, it was just something I felt was worth mentioning being that I thought it was a permanent fixture. Being that it isn't you can strike any comments about the plaque from any previous statements I posted.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:12 AM
The Creator

sure it did. it was surrounded by people all day... and was the most photographed car there.

what in your opinion won? let me guess. whatever it was, the pre-req is that it was a blue or silver TL with some plain silver 5-spoke 18"s, rice blue fogs & corners? seems thats all that gets props round here.

get serious guys. the PAA meet consisted mostly of TL owners... a largely conservative group of people.

Car shows are won by cars that are different, innovative, & creative.

Not by cars with Sways, a 1.5 inch drop, and some me-too 18"s.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:15 AM
The Creator

Now. I just looked at your sig after I finished this... I'm not taking a hit at your car. I'm sure its just fine... all I'm saying is the configuration above is what everyone on this board seems to want... and it certainly aint gonna win ya a trophy.

My car, which I think looks pretty sweet. DOESNT EVEN COME CLOSE to touching Astro's in any way shape or form.

This is evidenced by the buzz gauge at PAA...

I just don't understand you peeps. I don't know if its that ya all got PHD's or ya just have a bad case of closed-mindedness.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:20 AM
The Creator

Soopa, I was not aware that it wasn't permanent and am glad to hear that it is probably long gone. As you can tell it diverted my attention quite a bit.

half the **** on our cars was gone as soon as we got up the next morning.

we used both rides to showcase the websites & drop some new ideas about things you may see.

For instance.... I had a big ass gay window banner on my car. Looked ricey as ****... but it did a FINE job of showcasing the web site that was the driving force behind the PAA meet from the beginning.

Neither astro or I had anything incredibly spectacular under the hood... but we left the hoods open to showcase the spark plug covers.

Shows that the cars werent there to win praise... just to attract attention. and they seem to have done that just fine

If we really wanted the cars to look their best it would have been hoods down, on the ground, and Zaino'd up, and in the Sun. Instead we went with fresh bug effect... hoods open... ugly ass engine bay exposed... sitting in the shade... and cars still driveable on the hour long trips home
Old 06-05-2002, 11:46 AM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C'mon fellas, these are just people's opinions. No need to take anything seriously. There are pros and cons to everything and astroboy knew that when he posted this question. He's not taking anything personally so you guys shouldn't either.
Old 06-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Pro

I don't care for the flames. I don't think they look right on this kind of car.
Old 06-05-2002, 12:53 PM
The Creator

whos taking anything personally?
Old 06-05-2002, 12:53 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by juniorbean

Seriously though, to reply like that means a couple of things.... you have no competativeness in you, you do not get satisfaction of a job well done...
Maybe in relation to pimp cars.......
Old 06-05-2002, 02:01 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 644 Likes on 285 Posts
Originally posted by daryl.com

do you prefer this look?

Old 06-05-2002, 02:07 PM
No, you are a dork.

Originally posted by Astroboy

do you prefer this look?

Bingo...
Old 06-05-2002, 02:35 PM
Burning Brakes

do you prefer this look?
Everything except the gold exhaust tips, but I'm sure I could get over that!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:09 PM
The Creator

astro! what are you doing parking there you prick!?!?

cant you see its a fire route!
Old 06-05-2002, 03:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Lightbulb

LOL... I'm starting to think that you don't like pimped out cars

Astro... sweet Porsche. It's been a while since I've seen a pic of that!!
Old 06-05-2002, 04:05 PM
Racer

Different strokes for different folks. When you break it down, it doesn't matter if anyone likes it but you.....if you like it, it's all good. Although I wouldn't do it, I thought the car was sweet. There were alot of nice rides at the PAA event. Astro, there's no doubt it'll win some trophies and $$$. I have to say I'd choose the Porsche, but having both wouldn't be too bad either.
Old 06-05-2002, 07:29 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Arrow

Originally posted by accordv6

Everything except the gold exhaust tips, but I'm sure I could get over that!
those ARE NOT gold tips....ROFL

they are the stock TT tips, stained that color from Flame throwing 500HP shifts...
Old 06-05-2002, 07:54 PM
No, you are a dork.

those ARE NOT gold tips....ROFL

they are the stock TT tips, stained that color from Flame throwing 500HP shifts...

Old 06-05-2002, 10:08 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

you really are a hater aren't ya?
Old 06-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Burning Brakes

I shouldn't even acknowledge this post with a reply... but I will.

It's not all about the trophy. It's about exposure (magazines, etc.) and money. You don't just win a plastic trophy... you can win a ton of cash too. You also gain respect within the different organizations. That means something to some people too. Plus, you don't always win a trophy.. sometimes it's a plaque ......

Seriously though, to reply like that means a couple of things.... you have no competativeness in you, you do not get satisfaction of a job well done... whether you do it yourself or it's your idea and a shop does it, or you just aren't into cars that much. Those are all generalizations obviously, of which, none could be true, but for you to reply like that... I can't be far off.
Gain respect? Did you star in the fast and furious by chance? Paul, is that you? I just don't get pleasure from people thinking my car is "cool" It's cool if you wanna enter shows and stuff, but I certainly wouldn't design my whole car just to win a trophy or a plaque. BTW, how much money do you actually think this person has won from this, minus what he has spent to make it look that way? Not trying to start a flame war or anything. I'm more for the subtle look myself, so sometimes show cars just look too overdone for my tastes. :yack: BTW, your car looks pretty nice though, that's more my style.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Banned

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! All your missing are the hydros. and some gold spoked rims.
Ah, to each his own. Still a tight ride.
Old 06-06-2002, 11:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Lightbulb

OK... I'll have to give you credit... those first few sentences had me laughing my ass off

I'm not necessarily saying you do stuff to your car so people will say it's cool... that's not Astro's motives either. He's just creating a car that will be competative on the show circuit. On that circuit... wild and different wins. He hasn't made any money yet b/c the car isn't done. He probably won't make a ton of money either, and most likely not what he put into it, but he will make money... especially if magazines and promos come along. You're talking about a billion dollar industry... and he's just trying to get a piece.

I can see where people view his car as overdone.... but like I said, it has to be for what his purpose is with it. I mean, you wouldn't enter a body building contest if you were flabby, right? You would have to build yourself up to the extreme to win. Same kind of idea here.. except instead of spending 10 hours a day at the gym, his car spends time in the shop getting modded . I think those big muscle guys and girls are nasty looking, but they do it for competition, so more power to them.

No need to worry about a flame war.. a friendly discussion is all that's happening here. To each their own, right? For my personal vehicle, I like subtle as well. Well... maybe a little flash here and there . Thanks for the compliment on my car. It be lowered with the bodykit by now if I wasn't getting married. Oh well, one step at a time
Old 06-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Bada Bing

It be lowered with the bodykit by now if I wasn't getting married. Oh well, one step at a time
You'd better watch that checkbook then...if your wife to be gets her hands on it you'll never get a chance to further your modifications. :toothless lol j/k
Old 06-06-2002, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation

You'd better watch that checkbook then...if your wife to be gets her hands on it you'll never get a chance to further your modifications. :toothless lol j/k
he he... I hope not... LOL

Old 06-06-2002, 01:46 PM
Racer

Hahaha...Junior, you feeling that noose tightening around your nutsac yet? Join the "whipped" club my friend. J/K. The fun doesn't end here, don't go selling the TLS yet, there's always "play $$$" when it comes to mods!
Old 06-06-2002, 01:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Lightbulb

Originally posted by fiveoh-tl
Hahaha...Junior, you feeling that noose tightening around your nutsac yet? Join the "whipped" club my friend. J/K. The fun doesn't end here, don't go selling the TLS yet, there's always "play $$$" when it comes to mods!
he he... wise ass. You're luck you have connections
I'm just gonna use your budgeting. Buy stuff behind her back, then buy the other stuff with approval... then I'll have everything
Old 06-06-2002, 04:01 PM
Bada Bing

he he... I hope not... LOL

Congrats on the upcoming wedding bro! Just remember what she doesn't know won't hurt her...but wait didn't you tell me that she was into cars???...You might not be able to pull the wool over her eyes which will leave you Or you can do what all of my friend's do...blame me.
Old 06-06-2002, 04:23 PM

I think u need to scale the pics down some.......
Old 06-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Moderator Alumnus

nice dude, I think I'd have to see it with the flames extending back though. They looked "unfinished" right now.
Old 06-06-2002, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

nice car, a work of art...saw it sunday...

but flames...> gotta go...again...it's your car...

still a beautiful car...
Old 06-07-2002, 12:58 AM
Racer

Originally posted by soopa
Now. I just looked at your sig after I finished this... I'm not taking a hit at your car. I'm sure its just fine... all I'm saying is the configuration above is what everyone on this board seems to want... and it certainly aint gonna win ya a trophy.
well, i would go all out on my car, but i don't plan to keep this car for more that 3 years. and my personal taste is on very subtle mods, not the booming system with PS2's and all that sh*t
Old 06-07-2002, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Lightbulb

Congrats on the upcoming wedding bro! Just remember what she doesn't know won't hurt her...but wait didn't you tell me that she was into cars???...You might not be able to pull the wool over her eyes which will leave you Or you can do what all of my friend's do...blame me.
yeah, she's into cars too. Not like me obviously... but she can appreciate them. Once the money settles I'm sure I can do some things!!
Old 06-08-2002, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Remember now, I am an old guy. To me this car is too much of a cream puff. The kind of car you always seen in the shows but never see on the road. Nothing against it. It is just not my style. Not very practical. Therefore too much spent on it. Looks like it would have a white mink dash and polar bear mats. I would rather spend all that cash on more HP or handling. My 2 cents. I will admit that there probably is nothing else like it in Barrie.
Old 06-08-2002, 07:56 PM
Race Director

:yack:
Old 06-08-2002, 08:05 PM
Race Director

JUST KIDDING!

Astro, Im glad u like the car like that, i fukin doo too!
Everything is so pimp, your ride is one of the PIMPEST in T.dot..no doubt.

So deadly...

I think a lot of people are not feelin it, cuz
a) they havent seen it in real life..
b) im gonna be straight up, asians have diff. taste....
most of them fall in those two categories...

anyways, nice ride..i think its not fair that all these people in the states got to see your ride, and all the toronto members have not had a chance yet...

if u ever in richmond hill/markham/north york area..holla at me..i wanna see this in real life..

i also wanted to ask u if u know anywhere around here that can clear my lights out..

someone mentioned if the flames were a little more white, it would have that cool ghost affect...i agree, although its hard to tell how dark the flames are in the pics, i gotta see it in real life...either way..looks pimp
Old 06-09-2002, 03:34 PM
8th Gear

Hey Astro.....
love both the cars! :wow: i think they look sweet, esp the TL-S keep up the good work....
Old 06-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Amir, if you wanna see it, you'll have to come up here, or wait till Niagara falls.

OldGuy, I'm not concerned with practicality really, I have other vehicles for that. I also do see it as practical for demonstrating some software ideas that I have intentions on selling.

Quick Reply: hot or not?