holes in the wrong place

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2001, 03:00 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holes in the wrong place

have you guys noticed how "stupid" acura is... i mean... they put a keyhole on the passanger side door rather than the trunk on the 02 TL (I dunno if they did the same for 99-01s)... but i mean if the car comes with fobs, how often would you use a key to open up the car??? most new cars (eg. BMW, Benz, Infiniti, Lexus, Audi, even VW!!) don't have a keyhole on the passanger's door, and i personally think that it looks neat like that... (and easier to wax LOL)... whereas a trunk without a keyhole is an inconvienence... say if you don't have the fob or if it runs out of battery, you have to unlock the driver's door then open the trunk from the inside of the car.... i mean HELLLOOO? why can't you put a hole on the trunk lid

=P~~~~~
Old 07-09-2001, 03:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Re: holes in the wrong place

Originally posted by ucla107
most new cars (eg. BMW, Benz, Infiniti, Lexus, Audi, even VW!!) don't have a keyhole on the passanger's door, and i personally think that it looks neat like that... (and easier to wax LOL)...
If you don't like the passenger side door lock, you can buy the rear door cover plate and hide the door lock.

I can't remember who did it, but it looked clean. I think he did both passenger and drivers door, which I think is a mistake if your battery dies.

As far as the trunk lock, the only way I think it would look good is if they put it in the rear light assembly. I love the fact that there is no keyhole.

My Integra had some serious rust where the keyhole was.
Old 07-09-2001, 03:27 PM
Pro

Who knows, maybe it's to reduce production parts, considering that the Inspire is RH drive.

As far as the keyhole in the trunk, I like the fact there is no VISIBLE keyhole back there. If you ever followed a Gen 4(?) Maxima you'll notice that the keyhole is UGLY.

Also, keys and keychains too close to the paint = scratches. No thanks! I never even use the key on the drivers door.
Old 07-09-2001, 03:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

I love the fact that theres no keyhole for the trunk. Thats one less thing on the trunk and also they cant "pop" the lock to get in your trunk (hey i come from NY).
Neil, i think it was Tanner (remember him?) who replaced the door handles.
Old 07-09-2001, 03:33 PM
Racer

Re: Re: holes in the wrong place

whoever did this do u have a pic to post?

Originally posted by NSXNEXT

If you don't like the passenger side door lock, you can buy the rear door cover plate and hide the door lock.

I can't remember who did it, but it looked clean. I think he did both passenger and drivers door, which I think is a mistake if your battery dies.

Old 07-09-2001, 04:12 PM
tea elle

I think the trunk looks great without a lock. THEY DID IT ON PURPOSE! I think the idea of putting the rear door handle on the front door is an excellent idea.