hid headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 01:02 AM
Rock Star

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hid headlight problem

Hi everyone does anyone know if Acura is going to adress the hids bein stolen i bought the hid alarm through acura but still i heard that if given enough time the s bags can cut the battery wires and kill the alarm...the alarm is some piece of mind but i still worry eveywhere i go cause i know the pieces of siht that cant afford hids for the civics are always lookin 2 hit our cars and if anyone has seen the damage like i have at a dealership its enough to make u sick...keep me posted thanks
Old 12-15-2002, 01:35 AM
Race Director

Well its nice to know Acura has taken action for Something in there cars recently after the Tranny ISSUE..

Anyways what is this Alarm and Acura makes this? Hard to believe Acura actually invested time and money for a car (TL) thats gonna be a old Gen.. I wonder what they will be doing for the 2004 TL, they are somehow gonna change the way the HID is placed or something.. Anyways hows this HID Alarm WORK? How much is it and did Acura install it? Does it have sensors or what?
Old 12-15-2002, 03:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

hid alarm? imho that's a joke. if they wanna steal it they steal it, nuff said. the mb s class has sophisticated computer system to disallow car theives too but they are still being stolen from time to time....

instead of putting whatever alarm, honda should start design some housing for that tl that CANNOT be shared with the accord and prelude as easily...
Old 12-15-2002, 08:44 AM
Rock Star

i agree with u all its just that i saw the damge that is done what they have been doin around here and im sure all over is peelin back the hood and fenders and takin the headlight total cost abot 8 grand once everything is fixed.....as far as the alarm it runs about 400....i got a deal cause i knew an installer its really shock sensors for the hids....and really sensitive all u do is hit one of the headlights and the alarm goes off...i know if they want it they will get it but any diterant i though would be good to have.......
Old 12-15-2002, 12:12 PM
l33t

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
where can you get the HID alarm?
Old 12-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
what is this HID alarm? Did Acura dealers come to this site and read about the add-on shock sensor and charge 10x the amount to do it?
Old 12-15-2002, 01:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

a great tip that someone posted somewhere, i forget where, was to park as close to the wall of a lot as you can... if theyre gonna steal it, they will but u might as well make their life miserable by giving them less room to work with so now i park really close to the walls in lots
Old 12-15-2002, 01:25 PM
JensH

HID alarms?
Ok if you visit our website WWW.PARKAVEACURA.COM you can see the actual price of this thing.Essentially it is a add on shock sensor that is wired into the factory alarm.It is not an Acura part, it is an aftermarket add on that piggybacks the factory alarm.Because many municipalities now have laws on the books about car alarms many car makers are hesitant to install alarms that contain shock sensors since these are very easily set off by things that have nothing to do with the car actually being stolen or damaged.Many areas now have laws that can net you a ticket if your car alarm is going off for no reason.So since the car makers are not inclined to want to pay for a a ticket you recieved they stopped installing shock sensors.Since all it takes to set them off is some kid on a bored moment to walk by your car and kick the bumper.
No alarm system is going to stop a determined experienced car thief.Alarms are a deterrent they do not make your car theft proof.H.I.D.s are an enticing device and currently Acura is not the only one getting H.I.D.s stolen.Audis are also getting hit and virtually all cars so equipped are getting hit.Jens
Old 12-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Stealthy A-CL Member

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally posted by ArN 2000 TL
what is this HID alarm? Did Acura dealers come to this site and read about the add-on shock sensor and charge 10x the amount to do it?
I wouldn't blame them if they did... It would be immensely more useful than the other stuff they try to pitch (undercoat, paint sealant, etc...)
Old 12-15-2002, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by nym31mp
i agree with u all its just that i saw the damge that is done what they have been doin around here and im sure all over is peelin back the hood and fenders and takin the headlight total cost abot 8 grand once everything is fixed.....as far as the alarm it runs about 400....i got a deal cause i knew an installer its really shock sensors for the hids....and really sensitive all u do is hit one of the headlights and the alarm goes off...i know if they want it they will get it but any diterant i though would be good to have.......
for the record, car thieves take less than 5 mins to steal our headlight.
Old 12-15-2002, 07:08 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ArN 2000 TL
that's what i think, it's nothing but a shock sensor
Old 12-15-2002, 07:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3
a great tip that someone posted somewhere, i forget where, was to park as close to the wall of a lot as you can... if theyre gonna steal it, they will but u might as well make their life miserable by giving them less room to work with so now i park really close to the walls in lots
umm..... i think the other way. if you put it very close to the wal it has no effect. usually these theives go in pairs coz' they do the two lights together. one on each side, they do the job... so they don't care about standing in the front. plus not to mention that i would have scraped my front lip to death with the curb that way

imho the best way is to back into a space, with the front of the car facing outside. that means if they wanna do it, they do it in public risking anyone passing by seeing.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, the best defense is COMMON SENSE. Park some where well lit and in the plain site of a lot of people or foot traffic.
Old 12-15-2002, 09:40 PM
Rock Star

hi guys i know if they want it thell get it the alarm is not made buy acura they have a private installer that does it....i hate takin it 2 the mall but when i do i park it face out so that may detur some J O..............
Old 12-16-2002, 11:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

I just had the shock sensor added - install was 40 - 60 bucks. Followed NovaWhiteTypeS install directions (although I did go with a DEI).
Old 12-16-2002, 05:12 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by JensH
HID alarms?
Ok if you visit our website WWW.PARKAVEACURA.COM you can see the actual price of this thing.Essentially it is a add on shock sensor that is wired into the factory alarm.It is not an Acura part, it is an aftermarket add on that piggybacks the factory alarm.Because many municipalities now have laws on the books about car alarms many car makers are hesitant to install alarms that contain shock sensors since these are very easily set off by things that have nothing to do with the car actually being stolen or damaged.Many areas now have laws that can net you a ticket if your car alarm is going off for no reason.So since the car makers are not inclined to want to pay for a a ticket you recieved they stopped installing shock sensors.Since all it takes to set them off is some kid on a bored moment to walk by your car and kick the bumper.
No alarm system is going to stop a determined experienced car thief.Alarms are a deterrent they do not make your car theft proof.H.I.D.s are an enticing device and currently Acura is not the only one getting H.I.D.s stolen.Audis are also getting hit and virtually all cars so equipped are getting hit.Jens
I dont see it on that site, can you help THANKS!
Old 12-17-2002, 11:46 AM
Instructor

Wouldn't it be cool if Acura came up with some type of 'coded' HIDs similar to the radio theft deterent ???
Old 12-17-2002, 05:06 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by Nick
Wouldn't it be cool if Acura came up with some type of 'coded' HIDs similar to the radio theft deterent ???
Wouldn't it be cool if Acura came up with a tranny that wouldn't fail.... :p :p
Old 12-17-2002, 07:01 PM
Race Director

Wouldnt it be Nice if Acura just came out with the 2004 TL!