HID Conversion Kits...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 07:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HID Conversion Kits...

I need two HID conversion kits for a 2002 Acura 3.2TL Type-S. I need one for my fog lights and one for my high beams. I want the kit for my fog lights to have the same brightness bulb/color as the stock low beams. As for the high beams I want them to be atleast twice as bright as the stock low beams. If any body knows a place where I can get these kits and what Kelvin of lights to get it would be much appreciated. I am looking for the conversion kit brand and bulb brand that is of the highest quality and the longest life as well as the closest resemblence to the stock low beams. Price doesn't matter...I am all about quality! Thanks for all your help and viewing my post. Cheers!

Jatses
jatses@email.com
Old 12-30-2003, 07:48 PM
Drifting

you know hid high beams arent very practicle...you wont beable to use your highs for flashing after you do the conversion because hids dont light up instataneously like halogens..they need to warm up...

also you said you want twice the brightness for your highs...the stock bulbs are aobut as bright as they get in terms of light on the road...no such thing as twice as bright
Old 12-30-2003, 08:12 PM
Advanced

What do you suggest I use instead of HID high beams? Would something like PIAA Platinum White be alright for something like that? Would that be brighter then the HID low beams? If not, what would then? For the fog lights I am still going to use a HID conversion. What are the specs on the stock HID low beams? lumen, kelvin, etc? Some where I read that the higher the kelvin the brighter the out put light. Is this true? If it is, wouldn't that mean that a 12000Kelvin would be brighter then a 8000Kelvin? Thanks for your help. Cheers!

Jatses
jatses@email.com
Old 12-30-2003, 08:20 PM
Rock Star

i just bought a set of ultra white bulbs cost me like 20 bux plus they look cool durin the day whenn the blue bulb refelects of the silver headlight caseing if u wanna go brighter go w piaa's............but hid's are a waste if u wanna put another set of hids put em in ur fog lights..............
Old 12-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Advanced

I am only going to put a HID conversion in the fog lights and use standard halogen super white bulbs for the high beams. The only thing I need now is the best brand of HID conversions and HID bulbs. Who do you recommend to go with? Like I said earlier, I don't care about price...I want quality and long life length! Thanks for your help. Cheers!

Jatses
jatses@email.com
Old 12-30-2003, 11:00 PM
Drifting

osram or phillips
Old 12-30-2003, 11:46 PM
Advanced

I almost have everything found. I just need somebody to check and make sure it is actually what I am looking for. Here goes nothing!

For my fog light HID Conversion Kit I have:
Philips Stage II 6000K HID 9006 Xenon Kit
** Will those bulbs be good enough? **

For my high beams I am debating between two pairs. I don't know which one is the brighter then the stock low beams:
PIAA 9005 9006 Plasma Spark Blue Bulb 7500k
OR
PIAA 9005 9006 Xtreme Force Bulb 4700k White
** Are either one of these the really really really BRIGHT white lights that are out there? I want both bright on the road and for on coming traffic...the brightest you can make it with Halogens. **

Finally...I would possibly like to up my low beams later on in life from the 4200K they are now to the same as the fog lights 6000K. What would be the best brand to do that with? Should I stick to the stock brand or is there something better and longer lasting?

My overall goal is to have the low beams and the fog lights exactly the same. Then have the high beams as bright of a crystal clear white as I can make them with Halogen bulbs. If you can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks for you help! Cheers All!

Jatses
jatses@email.com
Old 12-31-2003, 01:10 AM
Burning Brakes

I think it's maxx96 who has a near identical match of the fog replacements with the HID Ks. He has a great day shot head-on of both lights. As far as the hi-beams, why worry about it when you won't end up using it as much. As far as brightness, there's not too many out there that are reputable anyway. Some just give you a tinge of color, that most folks think are actually brighter. Many bulbs "claim" higher wattage and end up burning out sooner (also bad for your wiring harness and headlight housing).

"Bright" for on-coming traffic is dangerous, hence the traffic laws that require you to operate low beams at a given distance from oncoming cars or traffic in front of you. Those cheap HID imitation bulbs produce more annoying glare to oncoming traffic than actual useful lighting to the driver.

If you're talking about "bright" for your low beam HIDs, your stock bulbs are probably the closest to the white spectrum there is. The higher Ks will NOT give you brighter light, but instead give out a bluer or purpler tinge (Audis and BMWs) of light as it moves away from the white spectrum, so in essence, the brightness is actually decreased.

Anyway, do a search on "bulbs" or "foglamps" or even "halogen" and you'll find an abundance of discussions on this contentious topic.