hi i'm new here!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2000, 06:40 PM

Post hi i'm new here!

hi my dad recently got a 00' Acura TL and we want to make it go faster. he is now kicking himself for not getting the CL when he had the chance, but hey you learn from your mistakes. anyways though whats the first mod you should do to a TL. i was thinking the AEM air intake would be a good start, but that is all i can find in the area of performance so far. also i custom exhaust would be good too. thanks for your help. any other good TL websites would be good to thanks.

------------------
Dad:
00' Acura TL w/ no mods as of now.

Me:
97' Grand Prix GTP w/ 3.4" pulley, MSP CAI, 3" custom exhaust (with removed u-bend and resonator, using magnaflo's), blazertech 3200's, and racing pedals.
1/8th mile: 9.563ET@73.665MPH
www.expage.com/mygtp
Paul
Old 12-18-2000, 06:42 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GTPGUY:
hi my dad recently got a 00' Acura TL and we want to make it go faster. he is now kicking himself for not getting the CL when he had the chance, but hey you learn from your mistakes. anyways though whats the first mod you should do to a TL. i was thinking the AEM air intake would be a good start, but that is all i can find in the area of performance so far. also i custom exhaust would be good too. thanks for your help. any other good TL websites would be good to thanks.

Depends how much your dad wants to spend.

------------------
2000 TL Taffeta White
Factory Body Kit and Spoiler
18' DAZZ MATIZ
Tenzo 700X Fogs
Custom Mesh Grille
Custom Mesh Bumper Center
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
AEM CAI
Greddy CatBack Exhaust
Inspire Tails
Inspire Steering Wheel
Burlwood Knob
Apexi V-AFC
Old 12-18-2000, 06:45 PM

Thumbs up

money isn't really an option. i've already sunk about 2 grand with of performance only parts into my car and i'm only 16 and have barely even begun starting to mod my car. so really were looking at somewhere around 2000 bucks, cause he isn't really into racing but just wants to go a little faster without voiding any warrantees.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:06 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome. I'd suggest the exhaust and headers first and the Cold Air intake. That should pretty much increase the power. After that its engine work , but I'll never get there...I have another car for that. =) Anyways, welcome to the site.

------------------
1999 Satin Silver TL
Dunlop SP9000 215-45/17 mounted on CL-S 17" Rims
H&R Springs
Inspire Tailights
20/30/40 tint

Y2k Honda S2k Roadster
- no mods ...yet!
Old 12-20-2000, 09:20 PM
AC
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by yu888:
Welcome. I'd suggest the exhaust and headers first and the Cold Air intake. That should pretty much increase the power. After that its engine work , but I'll never get there...I have another car for that. =) Anyways, welcome to the site.

</font>
I agree totally! Do headers and intake...this should run you close to $2K with install and no warranty voids. The exhaust may give you 2 to 3 more ponies, but someone here dynoed 12 HP gain. The car will be noticeably faster, but with just these mods, don't turn when racing cuz TL (stock) can't handle worth a f$ck!

------------------
2000 TL Taffeta White
Factory Body Kit and Spoiler
18' DAZZ MATIZ
Tenzo 700X Fogs
Custom Mesh Grille
Custom Mesh Bumper Center
Comptech Headers
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sway Bars
AEM CAI
Greddy CatBack Exhaust