help on springs and struts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2001, 09:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help on springs and struts

hey guys i need some fast help. everything is stock in my car now, so i wonder, if i change the spring to comptech and do NOT change the stock strut (shock), would that hurt my stock strut??? or it's still no problem? i can afford the springs but the struts are a bit too much for me right now. plus i don't want my drive to me TOO bumpy.

and IF i HAVE to change the struts as well, what's good? read the accesory page and have no idea....
Old 12-14-2001, 10:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

help help help?
Old 12-14-2001, 11:42 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: help on springs and struts

Originally posted by rominl
hey guys i need some fast help. everything is stock in my car now, so i wonder, if i change the spring to comptech and do NOT change the stock strut (shock), would that hurt my stock strut??? or it's still no problem? i can afford the springs but the struts are a bit too much for me right now. plus i don't want my drive to me TOO bumpy.

and IF i HAVE to change the struts as well, what's good? read the accesory page and have no idea....
Since you are lowering, there will be additional stress put on the shocks. However, since the Comptechs lower so little the stress will be minimal. It probably will decrease its lifespan though. Most people who replace their shocks go with Koni Yellows.
Old 12-15-2001, 01:16 AM
Drifting

A lot of members have gone with comptech springs and retained their stock struts. It shouldn't be a big problem. Just remember to get an alignment done after lowering the car. If you eventually do get new struts, then get the konis.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:13 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not a flame or anything cuz I've even thought about it myself, but how could you guys take the ride? I do a crap load of bay area driving and even now and then my front end gets scraped up on driveways even though I have noone in the car and my springs and shocks are bone stock. I was picking up a friend at a bar tonight and when I pulled up on the driveway the company she was with started starring cuz I scraped my kit like I was some sort of riceboy or something. I was thinking about the HR OE's but after tonight, I doubt I'd ever get springs. No way am I gonna leave my car parked on the streets and not use the driveway.
Old 12-15-2001, 08:31 AM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

I had the same concerns when I was planning to lower my car. After extensive research, I decided to get the Comptech springs and Koni Yellows (that is the combination that Comptech recommends). The car rides and handles much better now.

Comptech springs and Koni Yellows: Very highly recommended.