Help me Please!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2003, 07:49 PM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Help me Please!

Ok, well after many attempts at fixing my headlight problem I finally got it..after buying a new bulb, that I didn't need...It was just a fuse and that got replaced already...Now, I'm left with another problem...It seems that the light from the headlight which went out isn't as white as the other one(this is the passenger-side headlight, I'm talking about.) Anyhow, the lights come on at the same brightness, but then one fades more than the other..where as one looks like a H.I.D., the other one almost looks like a halogen. Anyways, another problem I was having was the signal bulb on my driver side won't come on when it is engaged in the parking lights and driving lights...it only comes on(or flashes) when I signal or turn on the hazards...Well yeah...I'm asking for help...I already checked the fuses and they all seem to be fine..what else could it be?
Old 06-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Go Stros!

Ok then, no one has any input here..either...well I guess so much for asking...thanks a lot.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:21 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Sounds like you'll need that new bulb. Not sure why one bulb is dimmer, but I'd assume it was a result of the problems you were having.

As for the parking light, it is a dual filament bulb. Sounds like one of the filaments burned out. Cheap fix. Go to auto parts store and pick up another one.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally posted by vsop TL-S
Ok then, no one has any input here..either...well I guess so much for asking...thanks a lot.
Damn.. simmer down there sparky... you post a topic at 8:50am eastern which is 10 to 6am pacific and only wait two hours before posting like this? Geez... wait a while until people log on. If you haven't noticed most of the traffic doesn't appear until after 1pm eastern.... which is about 2 hours away....

Anyway, I can't help you much on the problem... I'd bring it to the dealer and have them look at it. If it's something simple they should be able to bang it out pretty quickly.

Otherwise hopefully someone will help you out....
Old 06-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds like the ballast. OK this all started when you blew a fuse,right? What caused the fuse to blow? a ballast full of water,right? ok were're getting somewhere. The fuse probably protected the wiring from meltdown but its not designed to protect circuitry. So thats my best guess.
If you don't feel like giving up yet you can troubleshoot somemore by swapping out bulbs,which probably won't fix it but its a start,then check the cable going to that bulb,I'm sure you realize HID's opperate at extremly high voltage,consider the wire from the ballast to bulb to be like a spark plug wire and troubleshoot with that frame of mind.and at last replace the ballast. as i remember the lights have been cleared so no point in talking to the dealer unless you like the tune of $75 an hour,but who knows they maybe cool about it.
Old 06-13-2003, 10:59 AM
Go Stros!

Hey Juniorbean, my bad man...I'm sorry guys if I seem a little etchy...I am very concerned with this thing...I think I did need the new ballast afterall...Well, that might have to wait, til I get some more money...Oh well...hopefully that might fix it but who knows...hopefully it is just the harness...that might fix it quick..hahaha Oh well, thanks a lot guys...my apologies again for being in a rush...