Help!! Keep hearing grinding sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Help!! Keep hearing grinding sound

Everybody,

When I drive the car, I feel a grinding sensation through the steering wheel and through the gas pedal coming from the front end of the car. I am not sure if this is normal or if this may be the wheel bearings or transmission. The car just doesn't ride smooth anymore. I had the dealer look at the tranny fluid and look for leaks. He put it up in the air and even showed me that he saw no evidence of fluid loss.

Separate but maybe be related subject: The car will surge when I am backing out or coming to a stop. The rpms jump slightly and I feel a lurch forward (or backward when in reverse). A/C is OFF so I know its not the A/C kicking in.
Old 04-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does that grinding noise only come with you slightly accelerate above? from the front? because i had grinding noise and showed it to the dealer and they are replacing my tranny..cars still drivable tho...my new tranny is coming in this week.
when i doped of the car they test drove it and said they didnt hear anything, so then i ended up taking three different service guys(including service manager) on a test drive to show them when and where the sound was coming from. they said that the sound wasnt normal. try that...hope this helps.