Help !

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help !

Hello....I am having multiple issues with my '03 TL that I'm hoping the resolution is simply the coolant sensor but any help would be appreciated as I have a long drive to take Sunday...
I've read through many threads already posted that are similar to my situation but here goes....
My temp gauge goes to hot when idle, (the ac gets warmer when this happens) my fan runs for an extended period of time after turning car off, the check engine light came on the other day and the guys at Auto Zone said its the cooling temp sensor. I'm hoping that is all it is but after reading through many threads I'm concerned with needing to check the radiator, the coolant, hoses and thermostat as well as the fan itself..etc etc.
I am by no means a mechanic but am determined to DIY !
Thanks in advance.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
is your coolant level where it should be in the overflow tank? Is the radiator filled to the top.
The following users liked this post:
LauraD7 (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 01:35 PM
3rd Gear

I have added that to my list of check items. Thanks.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 784 Likes on 743 Posts
Overheating ...........

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
is your coolant level where it should be in the overflow tank? Is the radiator filled to the top.

This is definitely the first place to look. Don't wait by putting it on a list. You risk serious problems that could lead to motor damage if the car is running low on coolant and overheating frequently. You could end up stranded if the cooling system is not functioning properly. If unsure of how these things work, get some assistance ASAP, before it's too late !
The following users liked this post:
LauraD7 (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Just wanted to say THANKS again !
The rubber hose in the overflow tank needed to be replaced in addition to adding coolant...Issues are GONE !