hello....everyone//

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 02:42 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question hello....everyone//

hello..all....
happy ney year....
i was thinking about to change the car ...
how u guys think....??
i wenna change BMW 325 ci cabriolet ...is that good??
or keep my car < TL-P >???
give me some idea ...thanks..^^

---------------------------------------------------------
2001 Acura duck blue TL
wingwest kit
H&R suspension
costom mesh grill
IPF fog light
Like S2000 enger star
inspire till
inspire doll sell
Benz CLK side marker
35% tint window < silver >
Old 12-28-2001, 02:55 AM
Banned

its up to you.... go test drive the 325ci and see if thats enough power and size for you. You have a 2001 TL, I dont see a need to change cars yet. You car is still pretty new. Bmws are nice cars, but i think the 325ci is just a waste of money. IMO But i say go test drive it and if you like it, then buy it.
Old 12-29-2001, 01:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Scottie, I thought you had some $$$ problems awhile back, and can't do mods. Changing cars so soon? Oh, you won the lottery, eh? Just kidding! I personally don't care for cabriolet, but the 325 CI is a nice car. You won't go wrong with either 325 CI or keeping your TL. BTW, if you do sell your TL, let us all know. Maybe we can buy the TL parts from you.
Old 12-29-2001, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

you can mod the tL way more to your liking because the parts are fairly cheap and you can get it lookin clean if you do the right $hit to it...keep the TL, it'll always be there lookin tight for ya bro...the bimmer is a damn money hole when you look at it in options per dollar, expensive mods, and $hitty 3 series quality excluding the the M3 and 330's...Shyne
Old 12-29-2001, 02:10 AM
Instructor

Question thanks all....

In my mind...i really dont went to change the car....
couse i do a lot of things on my car ,...
that cost me a lot.....
but...i got a lot of the ticket from police...
thats why i went to change it....
also..last time i went to change the rim or the radio
..but my family and GF all said that is wast money...
so i think...if i change the nice car...than i dont need to change everything ,,,,,,
but i still love my car ^^
so that is very hard to chose......sigh......
Old 12-29-2001, 03:16 AM
Pro

Scottie,

Why did you get tickets from the cops?? Don't tell me it's cuz of the mods you did. If it'cuz of speeding, trade it in for Kia, no speeding..

I'd keep your TL since you've spent so much on it already to make it look nice. The Bimmer is a money pit. You spend money to make your TL look nice, you'll have to spend lots later just to keep the bimmer running, later. You have a nice unique TL, so i'd keep it. After the mods on your TL, keep it and enjoy it some more as you'd end up losing too much trading it in for another car, you wont get that money back from the mods, i think.
Old 12-29-2001, 11:35 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down i hate police....

i didnt speed.....it...
i got the police cos those mod...
also...he said i change the HID.....
he said...only BMW Benz have HID....
sucks......
but he didnt give me the ticket on that....
the ticket was on my window tint and he said he cant see the " N " on the back...also the suspension..thats is to low...and fog light..and singl ....
sigh..that is cost me a lot....
Old 12-30-2001, 12:14 AM
Drifting

Re: i hate police....

Originally posted by scottie
i didnt speed.....it...
sucks......
the ticket was on my window tint and he said he cant see the " N " on the back...also the suspension..thats is to low...and fog light..and singl ....
Scottie, you must be loaded to be able to sell your modded 01 TL and not care about the lost value!

But you know: if you mod your beemer (which I think you probably would), you're going to get the same tickets again!

The better advice would be to read up on your local automotive laws and "reduce" your mods to be street legal. If a cop gives you a ticket, by all means go to court and challenge it. If you can show that you're legal, you won't have to pay any penalties.

Plus it costs a lot less money that way!
Old 12-30-2001, 04:47 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Well, I personally think that the 325 is a lid underpowered, yet at the same time. You don't really need to use all that power 95%+ of the times. The 325 Cab is a pimp car.

I personally don't like the 325/330 cab too much. cuz the it adds way too much weight compared to the coupe. I would spend the money on a 330Ci if I were you...

just my $0.02
Old 12-30-2001, 10:39 PM
Pro

"i got the police cos those mod...
he said...only BMW Benz have HID.... "

Scottie,

With all the cars out there having HIDs, some cops remain in the dark ages with BMW Benz only...sheesh..esp with Vancouver having so many luxo imports on the streets. You'd think these cops only stay at Hastings and Main with their friends, huh...

And about too low, did the copy measure the height of your car or it was just another mindless comment from him to give u a hard time cuz you got a phat ride?? Cop musta been sharing something with his friends on Main St huh?
Old 12-31-2001, 12:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

Re: i hate police....

Originally posted by scottie
i didnt speed.....it...
sucks......
The HIDs are NOT illegal. Go to Richmond or Burrard Acura and get a TL broshure and keep it in your trunk. Next time you get pulled over, show the dumb cop straight from the broshure that it comes like that from the factory. Show him the specs. That's why I have my 99 TL broshure in case I run into some ignorant cop. As for window tint, yes, tinting the front passenger windows is illegal, regardless of tint shade. Usually if it is really really light, and they can't tell, they will not notice. If it is darker and you can tell there is tint, you will get pulled over for it. Happened to me long time ago when I tinted my Camry front windows. So my advice is get rid of front window tint. Can't see the "N" on the back? So you're a new driver? Do this: wrap the "N" in clear plastic and tape it to the OUTSIDE of the rear window. Once you have passed the mandatory period for new driver, you can take it off. As for suspension too low: there is no rule that I know of that says a car is too low. But as for fog lights, there is a rule that says it must be a certain height off the ground. I forget what the actual height measurement, you will have to find out yourself. If it is too low, just raise the fog lights up a bit if possible. But if you can't, just ignore it as you will probably will not get fined for that again if you dispute this in court. I mean the cop has to prove your fogs are too low by measuring it. If he doesn't do that you can argue that in court by saying "how does police know it is too low? He didn't measure distance fog light is off the ground." As for signal lights (side markers), if the light is white, change the bulb to yellow. That should help. Also, if the ticket is from the Vancouver Police or RCMP, you can dispute the ticket in court. If the cop shows up, you can plead to the judge that you didn't know, and you are a student, no money, etc. please reduce the fine. If you don't give the judge attitude, be nice, he will most likely lower the fine. If the cop doesn't show up, you get off free, the ticket is void and you don't paid. RCMP almost always go to court if you dispute, where as your chances are lot better with Vancouver Police. Hope this helps.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:06 AM
Instructor

Talking thanks....

thanks everyone....
anyway,,,,,i hate the cop....
also my dad is comming than i will wait my dad to say
"you need to change the car...or keep the car..."
if i keep the car i think i will do a lot of mod on that....
but if i change the car....i wont change anything...
than i will see the cop ...how can he prove me over..
hate cop.......
thanks everyone...
and thanks to read my pool english..haha...
Old 12-31-2001, 01:33 AM
Three Wheelin'

Wink No Problem!

Just PM me if you need more info.