Helllllllpppp

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 10:55 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Helllllllpppp

ive posted in the AV thread but i know alot of our 2g TL owners probably stick to this thread.

also ive searched and cant get this crap figured out so give me a hand please...

So, i have a 99 TL, im installing an amp and sub into my car while using the STOCK head unit...

my amp comes on. no signal. but when i hook up the LOC could this be because we didnt tap into the speaker wires, but into the wires leading to the stock amp??

for my remote i ran it from a constant power to a switch, and to the amp,

installed the switch on the underside of my center console, the reason for the switch is i have a 3 month old baby and this way i can flip my amp on and off when shes in or out of the car. heres the catch

when putting my center console back in my stock head unit randomly went off and now will not come back on. i left my battery unhooked long enough to have to re-enter my navi code but still no head unit...

what could have happend and what can i do???

PLEEASE ASAP!!! thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 01:39 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
make sure that all the conectors are plugged in in the back. the other question, i have no idea, i havent read anywhere where someone was using their stock radio with amp and subs connected.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:28 PM
Just chillen..

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let me chime in here:

Which wires did you use to connect the LOC to? The sub correct? A total of four wires I believe?

For the remote wire, I use the fuse box to supply the power. For the ground, the bolt which holds the trunk tray. Power, obviously the battery. Are the terminals on the wire new? If they are rusted, they won't produce enough current.

Why did you pull out the headunit? Blitzsafe adapter? There was no reason to pull the headunit for installing just a sub/amp.

Now, check your wire connections. Remember, when you connect with the sub, you have to do a 3 way splice. Cut the sub wire in the middle, splice both ends, and add a speaker wire to it. Tie them up afterwards.

After, make sure the RCA cables are connected from the LOC and get hooked up with the AMP. The ground on the LOC, won't be necessary.

I won't use a switch. TRUST me on this, thats why you have a bass control on the headunit itself. You decrease the bass on the stock sub, it will also decrease on the aftermarket sub.

Take pictures if need of detailed help. Good luck!
Old 10-15-2008, 02:35 PM
10th Gear

fl3.2tl

i didnt have my headunit pulled out... it just DIED... like literally stopped working and wont come back on... i dunno whats goin on with that...

do you ahve aim or something? IM me on corndog450 if you do.. i will take some pics and send em to you. i need serious help this is crazy im riding around with no backseat and what not... i think for my head unit problem im just gonna buy an aftermarket... but i didnt want to.. i just think somehow i fried it..
Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Have you checked the radio "fuses" Sounds like you wired something wrong that caused a short.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Racer

alright...

hope i dont repeat anything for others

if you using a loc (line output converter) then your going to need to catch your input on the high level side of your amp... this being at the actual sub itself (the easiest way) now if you have a generic loc then youll most likely have 2 sets of (+) and (-) of some color, and possibly one or two other wires (grounds) you wont connect those if you have them. easiest way is to take your (+)'s and (-) 's coming out of your loc and connect the (+)'s together and the (-)'s together. then find the (+) and (-) powering your factory subwoofer and connect the loc wires to them if you really want to get technical then take a double a battery and "POP" the speaker to find polarity, but isnt needed incredibly (most people can not tell the dif). it sounds like you might have caught your input wires on the low level side of the amp. you could cut and slice your rca's into those wires and there is diy's on that on this site.

and yes its most likely that you have blown a fuse. check the two interior fuse panels first youve most likely blown an accessory fuse of some sort, check them all.

if your amp is in working condition and your amp turns on in your car and you get no sound. you most likely have something wrong with your signal ( rca's / LOC ) if you have status lights on your amp that are not lit then youll have a power coinnection problem. and from what it sounds your "blue" wire or remote turn on lead is not providing power and my guess is youve blown your fuse by connecting this wire and grounding it at some point.

hope this helps. pm me if you have any questions.

fix LOC and check fuses.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:46 PM
10th Gear

^^^^ your on point with everything.. it was a fuse.. i just didnt realize there was a fuze panel on the passneger side cuz im dumb but yea.. i got everything working.. i had the LOC connected wrong and what not...

but i eneded up with aftermarket cd player. before i figured out it was fuse i bought a cd player... but oh well i spent 190 on a cd player thats ipod ready and i woulda had to spend 100-150 for a ipod adapter anyway.. so no harm done...

thanks for everyones help....

its much appreciated