Heads up on Gunn Acura in San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads up on Gunn Acura in San Antonio

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on a recent service experience. My daughter was driving from Houston to San Antonio in our 03 CL-S. The car had 31,000 miles on it at the time. About half way there smoke and steam started coming from under the hood. Long story short it was the transmission had gone out. Acura Roadside Assistance (who did a great job by the way) towed the car to San Antonio for repairs. When she gpt there the service folks took it right in and within 30 minutes told her what the problem was. She was given a loaner, 04 Buick Lasabre to use. After a week they called to say that the car was ready only to call back two hours later and say that the replacement transmission had a problem and it needed to be replaced. Well about 3 days after that we got the call that the car was ready. We were told that the front brakes were gone (worn out) and that we should have them replaced without delay. We told them no and picked the car up. The transmission ( a rebuild) still shifts at weird points but waiting to see what happens. We went and bought replacement brake pads and I set out to replace them. First thing I noticed was that of the 10 lug nuts on the wheels 6 were finger tight only. Pu;;ed the wheels off and removed the old pads to find them in good shape. I did not measure them but the line in the center of the pads was still quite deep. I replaced the pads anyway since I had gone that far. The other problem is that I will take the car back to my dealer to have the front end checked. It is making a lot of popping noises (kind of like a ball joint going bad) that it has been in the shop for two time in the past. The people at Gunn Acura, Farrah Testmer for one ,were very friendly but the service tech just forget to tighten things up. I will take the car back to Sterling Mccall to get it checked out. One other thing is that when Acura called to see how it was going I was informed that my VIN number is not covered under the 100,000 warranty. Needless to say that pissed me off as I was told earlier by my dealer service that it was. We will see about that. Just a heads up....................
Old 12-05-2005, 09:16 AM
RickRoush03

well, i when i lived in san antonio and bought my TL, i did take it to them to get a service history on it etc and did deal with farrah, very nice i will say, but as with all service dept, half of it is slip shot work and they always find crap that never needs work do to begin with.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:23 AM
Banned

stories like this piss me off....how teh fuck can a 2003 CLS have this many problems??