headlight question

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 06:41 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
headlight question

Just got my car back from the bodyshop from the accident on Sept 3.

They installed a new driverside headlight but the "old" passenger side is brighter than the "new" driverside light.

I don't think this is normal although I often see other cars (not acura) with different brightness on their Hids. For the record it annoys the hell outta of me when I see it so you can imagine how I feel with it on my 02 TLP now.

What causes this? What should I tell the body shop to make sure the damn lights are equal in their brightness prior to the accident.

Plus, it's been soooo long since I've been in my TLP so forgive me but does the HID low beams dim when the High Beams are on. I know the fog lights go out (given a stock setup) but I can't remember if this is how it's supposed to be prior to the accident.

BTW I've been driving a 93 Chevy Lumina for the past 2 months , 9 days as a rental replacement. Don't ask but you can see why I'm asking noobie q's all of a sudden.

Thanks in advance

"I'm renewing my relationship with my TLP so I have to take it slow. Estrangement is a biatch"
Old 11-13-2003, 11:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: headlight question

Originally posted by nyctl
Just got my car back from the bodyshop from the accident on Sept 3.

They installed a new driverside headlight but the "old" passenger side is brighter than the "new" driverside light.

I don't think this is normal although I often see other cars (not acura) with different brightness on their Hids. For the record it annoys the hell outta of me when I see it so you can imagine how I feel with it on my 02 TLP now.

What causes this? What should I tell the body shop to make sure the damn lights are equal in their brightness prior to the accident.

Plus, it's been soooo long since I've been in my TLP so forgive me but does the HID low beams dim when the High Beams are on. I know the fog lights go out (given a stock setup) but I can't remember if this is how it's supposed to be prior to the accident.

BTW I've been driving a 93 Chevy Lumina for the past 2 months , 9 days as a rental replacement. Don't ask but you can see why I'm asking noobie q's all of a sudden.

Thanks in advance

"I'm renewing my relationship with my TLP so I have to take it slow. Estrangement is a biatch"
did the dealer provide you with an explanation for this??? how come the colour varies??? bring it back to them, and don't accept it back until they fix it, and prove to you it's fixed.

l8r.
Old 11-14-2003, 07:30 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Try to relevel them, cause that happened to me once. The headlights were taken out to be cleared and when I was driving my friend told me the lights looked off like one was brighter than the other.

Try that first.