headlight alignment

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 10:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
headlight alignment

i just took out my left headlight today to reseal it cuz there was condensation after i cleared it. when i put it back, i forgot how i positioned the black frame under the headlight.

does anyone know how to align the headlights to the right position?

also, are the headlight, the bumper and the grille supposed to be flush with each other? cuz it seems that the grille sticks out a couple of mm. is this normal? or did i screw up when i put the headlights and bumper bak?
Old 07-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Re: headlight alignment

Originally posted by WiLz
i just took out my left headlight today to reseal it cuz there was condensation after i cleared it. when i put it back, i forgot how i positioned the black frame under the headlight.

Well, the black bracket definetly has some play to it before tightening the bolts. You may need to adjust the height through trial and error (up & down position) for the bumper to fit correctly (where the bumper & headlight meet).

also, are the headlight, the bumper and the grille supposed to be flush with each other? cuz it seems that the grille sticks out a couple of mm. is this normal? or did i screw up when i put the headlights and bumper bak?
I thought the same thing. Hyde and I discussed this the other day and compared ours (cleared) with other non modified TL's and the gap is normal. I guess our minds our playing tricks on us
Old 07-02-2002, 10:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ahhhh, exactly what I thought. Readjust the black braket so that the headlights and bumper meet flush. You have your braket too low for sure.

Old 07-02-2002, 10:17 PM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: headlight alignment

We did this today and we figure out to loose all 5 bolts on each headlight, position the headlight then thight the 2 bolts on top of each headlights then tight the 3 other bolts on the black frame. This seem to be the best way to do it.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:31 AM
Instructor

Did anyone have any problems ReLeveling there lights so that they aimed straight and are at the right height?