Has Anyone Bought OEM Intake/Exhaust Manifolds & Ported Them?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 08:26 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Has Anyone Bought OEM Intake/Exhaust Manifolds & Ported Them?

ok, so my last car had a similiar engine setup to begin with(3.2L, 7k RPM redline, dual-stage intake manifold, 2-1-2 exhaust, 220hp, 220tq). i bought a new intake manifold and ported & polished it by hand. made a nice difference.

i gasketmatched the heads as well on the engine and with everything combined i felt a difference in throttle response and overall power output. my question is though, has anyone here tried it or looked into the feasibility of doing this on OEM manifolds from acura? they're cheap enough to consider it. i know a limiting factor for the exhaust will be the the remainder of the pipe leading up to the cat however.

i couldn't find much using the search. i still need to look through A-CL, but everything i found here just talked about porting the throttle body really. let me know what you guys think.

SSTS
Old 10-27-2004, 08:56 AM
I'd rather be driving:

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone's port matched the stock manifolds but I think the restriction is the way the three ports just dump into the manifold before going into the Y-pipe. IMO, I'm not sure porting will do much to improve the flow of the asthmatic stock manifolds. Now, port matching aftermarket headers? Now you're onto something...

Just my
Old 10-27-2004, 09:37 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TLMugen
I'm not sure if anyone's port matched the stock manifolds but I think the restriction is the way the three ports just dump into the manifold before going into the Y-pipe. IMO, I'm not sure porting will do much to improve the flow of the asthmatic stock manifolds. Now, port matching aftermarket headers? Now you're onto something...

Just my
point well put and i have taken note of that. i think in the end i'll just end up saving the money for headers from comptech. the intake manifold though....i dunno. i think there may be gains to be had from it.

SSTS