Had Clifford Solaris Installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2001, 11:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Had Clifford Solaris Installed

Wow!! There are so many features on this thing that I've read the manual several times just trying to figure it out. I really love the auto start...I know it's not necessary but it's just so cool. The blackjax feature is also nice to have. The headlights being stolen drove me to purchasing this alarm. Really wanted the Avant Guard IV but at over $1000 installed, I thought it was a bit to pricey. For those of you in NJ, I got mine done at Sound City right here in Clifton. The guy did a clean install job and I'm very pleased.
Old 07-01-2001, 12:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Hey, I was checking out that Avantguard-4 as well. I'm glad you mentioned how much the dang thing costs installed... I may be checking out the Solaris too!

I was hoping you could describe how the Blackjax feature works. The Clifford website is kinda vague on the details (probably so that the criminals don't know how it works either, I suppose.)

But if you can describe how it works in general, I'd appreciate it. Anything you can share would be fine.

On another note... what kinds of features did you get besides remote start and Blackjax? Any window controls?

Inquiring minds (ok, nosey minds) wanna know!

Thanks,

Vincent
Old 07-01-2001, 12:25 AM
Instructor

Here's how the blackjax's works: As soon as u start the car or any time the driver's door is opened and closed with the engine running, you have to put in a pin # into a small 2-button pad. If you forget, the car will remind you by flashing the instrument lights (like 20 seconds after starting). If again after another 20 seconds you fail to put in the right code, the brake lights start flashing to warn drivers behind you, the engine stalls and the alarm sounds. The alarm remote is now useless and the only way to restart the car is by putting in your code. Very cool, IMHO.

Didn't get any other features besides the ones that came with the Solaris. The Solaris is the little brother to the Avant Guard IV...yeah I was shocked to when the guy quoted me the price. One other feature that I really like is that the door locks will lock once I drive off and unlock when the ignition is turned off. Clifford alarms are pricey but definately worth it when comparing them to other alarm systems.
Old 07-01-2001, 07:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is a stalled car while driving safe?

how often do you get car jacked VS how often someone else drives your car

i guess it depends on where you live. i dont really like the idea
Old 07-01-2001, 09:52 AM
Instructor

They car only stalls and shuts down as soon as it's at slow speeds. Before then the brake lights are flashing rapdily to alert drivers behind your car. Personally I think its a good idea, however, it can become anyoing putting in the code every time u get in the car. The good thing is that you can turn blackjax off anytime you want.
Old 07-01-2001, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Thumbs up

The Blackjax works on all doors of the car & not just the drivers.
I have used this feature for well over a year now with my Clifford IG8000 Alarm. The feature is set when you open any door on the car. This feature acts as a alarm in itself. If someone takes your keys & alarm remote they stlill can't drive the car more than about 100 feet. You need that PIN# to drive the car but you can drive off without entering the #. You will only have 3 tries to enter it before the car shuts down. If this happens you will have to wait a few min. The car will only shut down when it slows down for a turn or someone hits the brake. This is a very good feature. When the alarm is in valet mode for service this feature is off. you can also turn it off yourself & keep other alarm functions.
Old 07-01-2001, 02:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Thanks for answering my BlackJax question, gents! Sounds like a pretty cool feature if you find yourself driving in a shady part of town.

Fortunately, my biggest problem is fending off the losers who attack your car in the middle of the night to steal your CDs and CD player, etc. What I really need is the ability to shock the living $hit out of these folks! You know, you walk out to your car in the morning and you find a carcass smoldering next to your car.

They'd call the feature 'Live Wire' or 'Hot Ticket' or something cool like that! And woohoo -- one less punk in the world. (Ok, maybe that's a little extreme.)

Now if only they could invent something to stop jerks from opening their car doors into my car that doesn't look like an eye-sore...

Later,

V.
Old 07-01-2001, 02:36 PM
Instructor

I most definately agree with the shock feature. That would be pretty sweet.
Old 07-01-2001, 03:56 PM
Instructor

Henry,
I too was looking for the Clifford Alarm (IG 9000, Solaris, Avant Garde), but couldn't find someone who sold it. Clifton isn't too far from me...check your e-mail!
Old 07-01-2001, 07:35 PM
Drifting

Talking

I have had the Solaris on my CL-S for about a year now. I love the remote start and auto door locking. I also like the fact I can take my keys out and not have to shut down the car when I check my mail or run into a store. It is an awesome alarm.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:21 PM
do it yourself, !

How much was that alarm with installation? Thanks!
Old 07-02-2001, 12:36 AM
Drifting

For the Solaris, I got it for 545 installed. This was about a year ago at Mobile One here in Houston.