H & R Springs Went On Today - My Notes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 05:32 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
H & R Springs Went On Today - My Notes

Okay guys (and gals) the H&R Springs are on

My car looks competely sick:yack:

It's a little lower than I expected, but looks to be what H&R states: 1.75 [F] & 1.5 [R].

The car, riding down the freeway, is hardly noticable, maybe 5-10% stiffer.

The ride going over obstacles (such as railroad tracks) is about 10-15% harsher. All in all, much, much better ride then I could of ever imagined. I had my springs installed at body shop in San Jose for $100. I watched them install the springs which took just over an hour, the machanic (Hung is his name, not his disposition) is a pro, and looked as if he could of installed them blind folded.

I was delighted to see so many Hondas parked in and around thier shop, made me feel like I had found the right shop, I have AndyTran to thanks for that:p

Sonnyvan Auto Body
365 Phealan Street
San Jose, Ca.
(408) 287-6348

Ask for Sonny

With that, my car is basically finished. Hope to get some pictures so you all for your approvel of this old mans TL.

Here what it is:

2003 Antracite TL-P
Type-S wheels
35% tint, all around
Rear Deck Spoiler
3" Exhaust Tips
Chrome License Plate Frame (Acura TL)

Mike Smeezy
Old 04-30-2002, 07:04 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn

so thats tight you got your springs on and he only charged you 100. he told me 150 yesterday oh welel you got hooked up and hope to see your car this saturday. maybe you guys can help me with ym car its making this wierd noise from the left front. aight late
Old 04-30-2002, 07:39 PM
f-a-b-o-l-o-u-s

dont forget the alignment
Old 05-01-2002, 01:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

yes, get the alignment man...the drop is nice isn't it, makes you feel so much better when you see another TL w/o a drop and how goofy it looks...after one week my fronts were toed in so bad than my inside side walls of my tires were almost completely worn...i love the ride, just gotta get those damn sways now...Shyne
Old 05-01-2002, 04:58 AM
Instructor

I have had my h&r sports in for about a month, and I'm begining not to like the ride. I know that I am lowering the car so there would be a little bit of bouncing around, but damm I feel like a cut the springs and all. Its alot rougher than I thought. Maybe I am being to critical though? My mom has the TL P and the ride is sweet but I hate the 4X4 look so I dropped the car. Soooo? I love the way it looks though but is it worth the ride quality being so harsh. Also will an alignment help the ride quality any? I havent had the alignment yet and the tires are normal wear.
Old 05-01-2002, 07:51 AM
Instructor

I think everyone who drops their car should get an alignment no matter what. I saw the printout of the alignment report after I got my H&R's in and they were way off. In fact I think my camber on the rear wheels are still off. I'm keeping a close eye on them.
Old 05-01-2002, 09:51 AM
Moo
Pro

Originally posted by CL2TLS
I have had my h&r sports in for about a month, and I'm begining not to like the ride. I know that I am lowering the car so there would be a little bit of bouncing around, but damm I feel like a cut the springs and all. Its alot rougher than I thought. Maybe I am being to critical though? My mom has the TL P and the ride is sweet but I hate the 4X4 look so I dropped the car. Soooo? I love the way it looks though but is it worth the ride quality being so harsh. Also will an alignment help the ride quality any? I havent had the alignment yet and the tires are normal wear.
That's what making me think twice about dropping it. I might just get the sways and forget about the springs.
Old 05-01-2002, 10:40 AM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it comes down to how much you drop your car, as I mentioned I went the 1.75 & 1.5 drop respectively.

Since the others on this thread didn't indicate there drop, it's difficult to get a read on why some are having problems and others aren't.

If I had to do it over again, I would try the H&R .75 & .50 drop first, which takes the edge off the 4x4 look and will not compremise you ride quality. And it logged that you actually get a 1.25 and 1.0 with those springs, that would be perfect.

I'm not sure why yours has a bumby ride, my ride quality is bearly affected.

If you're having problems, please state your drop and the manufacture of your springs.

Alignment is on the way.

Mike Smeezy