H&R sport springs with CT sway bar enough??

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 02:04 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
H&R sport springs with CT sway bar enough??

Is that all i need or is it still necessary to get aftermarket shocks??
Old 09-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

enough for wut? if u mean will it be fine if u just had those two, then yes, u don't need to change the shocks.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:23 PM
Advanced

How about if i just get the H&R sport springs without anything else??Will my ride be??Will my stock shocks be affected in any way??
Old 09-29-2002, 03:31 PM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
do you want looks or results? if i was forced to pick one from the other, then i'd say sway bars.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by LiLDaVe
How about if i just get the H&R sport springs without anything else??Will my ride be??Will my stock shocks be affected in any way??
ur ride will be a lil bit harsher, but pretty close to stock. and yes, your stock shocks will wear out faster, and eventually u will need to get them replaced.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:35 PM
Advanced

thanx a lot for your help wilz...just one more question if i get the H&R sport springs and the CT sway bar i dont need to get my stock shocks replaced??And is that a good combo- the H&R springs with CT sway bar??
Old 09-29-2002, 05:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by LiLDaVe
thanx a lot for your help wilz...just one more question if i get the H&R sport springs and the CT sway bar i dont need to get my stock shocks replaced??And is that a good combo- the H&R springs with CT sway bar??
you don't have to, but u can if u want, cuz the stock shocks will wear out faster, and u will need to replace it sooner or later. and H&R and CT is a good combo. actually i don't think the springs and sways are that related, so any springs should be fine. but H&R and CT do give you a good improvment in handling and looks, without sacrificing much ride quality.
Old 09-30-2002, 02:40 AM
Instructor

I have to add that u'll need better tires than the OEM Michelins. They'll screech when u corner b/c the their sidewalls aren't stiff enough.
Old 09-30-2002, 08:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Exclamation

Originally posted by jmai
I have to add that u'll need better tires than the OEM Michelins. They'll screech when u corner b/c the their sidewalls aren't stiff enough.
I'm glad someone mentioned this... I'll post to reconfirm it....

If you are going to get springs AND sways... get new tires. The stock tires will NOT provide the grip you need with both of these mods. If you are just going to get springs... you should be OK. Just sways are a little more questionable... but both should require new tires.... no question.

As I've posted before.... I have seen horror stories on here and acl.com with people who had stock tires and suspension mods. Stories from fishtailing, to spinouts... to accidents... b/c the stock tires do not provide the grip necessary.

FYI.... I have the H&R Sports with the stock shocks. The stocks will wear out a little faster with springs.. so you will need to replace them eventually... but you should be fine for a while.....
Old 09-30-2002, 09:18 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just want to know if it is a clean drop? The H&R sports are a clean drop or what? I just want to see pics..thanks guys. Are they as smooth as the Eibach Pro-kit? Well just wondering before I go off and spend money on the Pro-kit, just wanted to know if the H&R are just as good, then I can save me some money for other mods...hahaha
Old 09-30-2002, 09:21 AM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey JuniorBean, just wondering where did you get the Injen intake from and how much? That is a short-ram intake, yes?
Old 09-30-2002, 09:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally posted by vsop TL-S
I just want to know if it is a clean drop? The H&R sports are a clean drop or what? I just want to see pics..thanks guys. Are they as smooth as the Eibach Pro-kit? Well just wondering before I go off and spend money on the Pro-kit, just wanted to know if the H&R are just as good, then I can save me some money for other mods...hahaha
Check out my website... I just update my pictures about 2 weeks ago with my H&R drop. It's a nice even drop. I'm not too sure as to compared with the Eibach as not many people have them on their TL-S', but they are very comparable to the Comptech springs, which are the most popular ones......

www.geocities.com/juniorbean/TL_S.html
Old 09-30-2002, 07:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by vsop TL-S
the h&r is a nice clean drop. the eibach is a lil lower drop, but it sacrifices a lot more ride quality (according to elegant tl-s )
click on my sig for pix of H&R drop