Ground Control's & Koni Yellows

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 09:15 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ground Control's & Koni Yellows

I'm about to buy a 99 TL, just thought I would get some input on the GC sleeves & Koni Yellow setup.

Anyone on here running it?

I plan on lowering it quite a lot, and I like the Koni Yellows because of their lifetime warranty, regardless of ride height used.

Also, what do you think of the Tein SS setup?

Thanks lots!!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Tein SS would be better setup but if ure gonna do GC sleeves and KY's, youd be better off with H&R springs. it will give u better handling
Old 06-22-2003, 03:04 AM
3rd Gear

See, I don't care much about handling. I have a CRX with Tein HA's on it right now, and I'm positive that regardless of suspension mods, the TL will never even come close to handle like it.

I have a couple other options that I could go for, and considering the TL because it's relatively new, will keep resalve value, and looks sick when slammed on 19s.

By the way, any issues with the 99 auto tranny? If I blow it, will the 6-speed CL-S tranny bolt up?
Old 06-22-2003, 11:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

okay in that case go with the Tiens cuz u can adjust the drop and the stiffness so u will be happier with that route.

but just another thing, the new 04 TL is coming out which will drop resale value on the 2nd gen TLs

and lastly, yeah there are known to be some issues with the 99 trannies as well though mostly on the later ones. and you COULD possibly do a 6speed conversion but it will cost u a lot of money. i think it was estimated 6grand just for parts alone
Old 06-22-2003, 11:42 AM
3rd Gear

Originally posted by Eternal TL2k3
okay in that case go with the Tiens cuz u can adjust the drop and the stiffness so u will be happier with that route.

but just another thing, the new 04 TL is coming out which will drop resale value on the 2nd gen TLs

and lastly, yeah there are known to be some issues with the 99 trannies as well though mostly on the later ones. and you COULD possibly do a 6speed conversion but it will cost u a lot of money. i think it was estimated 6grand just for parts alone
You can adjust firmness with the Koni Yellow as well. I know the GC's lower it 3.5" max. What about Tein's?

I have Tein HA's on my CRX, my fronts are almost at their lowest setting and the car doesn't sit low at all. I don't mind this for the CRX, as it handles good, and looks like bile, but I wouldn't want to spend all that cash on a set of Tein coilover and lower the car a mere 2".

As for the tranny swap, that is crazy expensive. Especially if that 6K you're talking about it USD.

I know the new one's are coming out, but I don't have money coming out of my ass, and I would be buying this car from a family member (read: cheap). It's the only way I can afford this type of car, while working 4months / year, going to school 8 months.