Ground clearance with springs?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2001, 10:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ground clearance with springs?

Greeting's I have a dilema regarding the ground clearance of aftermarket spring's compared to stock spring's. My MAJOR problem is my apartment building's very steap downslope driveway through the garage doors, they are pretty steap. When I moved in, I had a Mustang with spring's and had to change them back to stock to go through. Even then I had to go in at a angle. My sister's Camry would bottom with more than the driver.
Now the TL-S, I can't stand the way this car sits like a TL Outback Type-S. 4X4 style wheel gap I couldn't believe this car had 2" of ground clearance going through, straight!
I really want to install Comptechs, make's more sense lowering the front more but it'll probably be to low. H&R's OEM are less of a drop but more in the back!? I think the front desparetly need's more.
Does anybody have any idea what would be the actuall drop of these after market spring's around the center of the car. Would it be the average of the front and rear combined? Or something else? I would really appreciate any help, I just got the car a weak ago and I love everything so far except it's stance.
Unfortunately, moving is not a option, too good a deal here

Sorry for the long post.

Stupid idea? Any type of airbag's that can be used only to lift the car up, but does nothing when driving installed within the suspension. Naaaaah, I must be light headed again thinking up such a idea.
Thank's
Old 07-26-2001, 01:32 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do a search on this topic, it has been covered NUMEROUS times. People who have the H&R OE Springs say that it doesn't drop it that much at all, and that it should be more lower. I just the H&R Sport springs. I can fit one finger between my tire and the fender, it's pretty low. If ur apartment building has a very steap slope, i don't think u should get them. The stock ground clerance is 5.6'' i believe. so just take away an average of 1.5-1.75, that leaves u with 4.1''-3.85" ground clearence (the lowest part of the car). The lowest part of the car is the exhast system i believe. If you drop ur car, ur bound the scatch some part of ur car