Great...What to do now?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2004, 10:23 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great...What to do now?!?!

Ok, so I walked out to my car today after school and I noticed a wonderful patch of scuffs on the right side of my front bumper. Now I know that they weren't there before school, and there is some paint from what I would guess is another car, so I'm guessing someone side swipped me while I was parked. The thing is that they are just scuffs, it didn't really chip the paint. Do you guys know an effective way to get the scuffs/other paint color off of my car without bringing it to a body shop? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2004, 05:42 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try a $2 can of rubbing compund. You can find them in an autoparts stores with the waxes and cleaners. Use a soft cloth and rub some compound gently over the scuffs - the scuffs should disappear leaving your bumper nice and shiney again.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Before going to a rubbing compound, I'd use a clay bar to see what it can get out. Without pics it's hard to tell, but clay might be able to remove some of the paint. After that, then go to a mild compound or polish. General rule of thumb is to go least agressive and then move up as needed. Mother's Clay bar kit and Meguiar's Scratch X are two good off the shelf products. Also might want to consider some Goo Gone. It worked really well when I removed the adhesive when I debadged. Also, goo gone works well on the door sill area when you catch a black scuff mark from a black shoe.