got so piz with the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got so piz with the dealer

ok, today i took my car for service, its in Canada, BC, coquitlam, lougheed acura........................
everything is fine until i got home, i kinda take a look around the car and im like WTF?
i realize that there is a big scratch on the front lip on driver side.
I got so piss. and try to call the dealer, but its like 7:00 so the service dept. is close
im gona go to the deal and ask them what the f*** is going on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

did this happen to anyone of u guyz???
do u think i can ask them for a free front lip body kit, cause i mean they scratched my old lip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-09-2002, 03:58 AM
Burning Brakes

i think it is your word against them, did you check your car before when you pick it up?? i think you have the same thing as one of the member here, good luck on your battle, let us know how it's go..
Old 08-09-2002, 11:52 AM
Drifting

Unfortunately bro, i don't think the dealer is going to do anything because you already left their premises.
Old 08-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Yeah I agree. When ever you pikc up your car from getting it service do a walk around. Just like when you first got it. Look for scratches and anything else. Make sure you tell them what scratches you have, so when a new one pops up, they just can say its been there.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:41 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to say but I don't think the dealer will do anything. More than likely they will deny everything and will even blame you for it.

Same $hit happened to me at Montclair Acura in NJ. I took my TL in to get the squeaking moon roof fixed. Well when I checked it later on, there was a scratch on the wind deflector. I went back to them and they said that it was already there. That's why I will never go back to them again. From now on, I go to PAA for all my service cause they actually cared.
Old 08-09-2002, 01:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ya, your pretty much beat on this one
Old 08-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Intermediate

i've just been to the dealer and back..............
i want to talk to the manager, but they said that he's on a meeting.....ok............ then i talk to some staff in there

after i told her what had happen,
she come out and take a look and she even call out the car washer, just to proof that the scratch didn't come after the service..............im like ok he can proof that the mark is there be4 but how is he gona proof that the ppl in Acura scrated it?????? .................then ya, the washer guy can proof that the mark is there when he wash the car........then the lady said that "some ppl scratched their car and blame it on to us, well im not saying that you are (im like what the f*** is she bs-ing about)"
then she said that there are nothing she can do now cause the mech. who work on my car is off today and ask me to phone her tomorrow...........
she said that the Acura is base on honest system, where if the mech. who work on my car did it, he'll report it..................
but who the f*** would report some sh** like that, unless they don't want their job...................

so everyone just wish me luck that the mech. is a honest guy......

and "69tl" yes i check the car, but itz like 6:30, the service dept. is close yesterday, so i can't do a thing about it.......and what happen to that member you talk about???did the problem resolve????

anyone have the e-mail for the acura head department in canada or in BC??? and plz give me some advice on what can i do..................
Old 08-09-2002, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Thank you for your important information here. Sorry about what happened to your baby.
I bought my TL there as well last year. I only went back for first two services when it was free and I went to my trustworthy maintainer in Surrey. I just have a little concern about how much dealers care my car after they sold it to me, so I rather take my car to some place I trust, not like I don¡¦t trust them balabalabala, (as that lady said...)

Lazyman
Old 08-09-2002, 03:16 PM
Pro

the same thing had happened to me a year ago. All i did was...

1)take the car back
2)ask them, WTF is going on
3)ask them if they know how to drive properly
4)tell them to fix the f+cking car

it's that easy.

just kidding. I know someone at my dealership. I just told them what happened and they too care of it/.
Old 08-10-2002, 02:56 AM
Pro

Lazyman,

Where do you bring it in in Surrey for service?
Old 08-10-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro

The dealer ALWASY scratches my B-pillar everytime I tell them to fix my seat rattle problem.

So I have to bring it back and wait a damn 2 hours for them to replace it!

Just make sure you check your car the same day you get your car back.
Old 08-10-2002, 09:33 PM
MB-Fanatic w/TL-S

Man, sorry to hear... but seriously, I got my car at Logheed Acura, too... their Sale department is great... but Service... OMFG, probably the worst experience I had.... and I am NOT planning to go back for service(though buying cars from them was a great experience)...

Many members recommend Northshore Acura.... and I plan on checking it out(my next service is due anyway.. hehe)... and IMO, great service is what it matters(to me, anyway)... I rather drive to a dealer that's 40 min away from my house which gives me great satisfaction than the one that's only 10 min away and totally disappointing.....

Andy Kuo
Old 08-11-2002, 02:37 AM
It's Go-Time.

At the Lougheed parking lot, the curb is REALLY HIGH, I'm sure that's where they scuffed your spoiler. I have brought my car there twice for minor repairs and no probs. Maybe try and consult with the owner, he's always there (drives a S2K). The owners is kind of a prick though.

I have been getting my services done at N.Shore Acura. The shop is brand new, LOTS of parking stalls, and valet-style garage bays (Like ICBC). Ask for Sharon, she is really nice. Good looking receptionists too...
Old 08-11-2002, 02:22 PM
Intermediate

thanks for all u guyz' advices...........
well from the last two services that i had, i've no problem and nothing against Lougheed Acura. But after this incidence, I'm not gona let them f*** up my car in their shop again.

The main reason i go there because firstly i brought my car there (ya i've like the service too), and secondly, the dealer is close to my house (20min driving). well i guess i'll pick the one in Surrey, cause north Van. is too far for me (in coquitlam).

Aug.10, i went there to talk to them. The F***ing mech. who worked on my car said that the mark was there be4 the they work on it and there is no way that the hoist will do a damage like that. (i'm like, don't forget you took my car out for a test drive) and they said that if they really scratched it while test driving, the wheel would have scratches too. The mech. also say that while he's pulling my in the shop, there is an other mech. who can proof that he didn't damage my car.
Im like WTF??? all this BS come from "a mech. helping for another mech".
and since I don't expect them to damage my car, so how the hell am i suppose to have proof for it.........

and most of you said to check ur car right after a car check,
there is no point to do that because when u really found a scratch, their gona just BS about it and some other mech. will just come up and say that they can prove it, wasn't their fault.....

well, their manager is gona bee in Monday, so all of u, just wish me luck!!!!!!!!

but in the worst case, do u guyz know how much is the WW body kit (that i can get in Canada,BC)?? cause last time the dealer told me that its $250 just for the front lip...
Old 01-08-2003, 04:59 PM
Dr. TLS

Originally posted by GOT PSI?
At the Lougheed parking lot, the curb is REALLY HIGH, I'm sure that's where they scuffed your spoiler.
Sorry to hear about this incident. I do have a suggestion to make, however. As GOT PSI said, the curb is really high in the Lougheed parking lot. Try parking in several spots in that lot where the car could have been the day you took it in (including where you parked it, where the cars awaiting service are parked, and where the serviced cars are parked). Try to see if the height of the curb matches the height of the scratch on your car. Do this before you talk to the manager. Atleast you will have something as a backup in case the manager is an a$$ and tells you that the scratch was simply there from before the service was done. Then you can tell him that you suspect that the car was scratched right there in the parking lot and share your finding with him. This is what I could do. Let us know how it turns out.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:26 PM
Three Wheelin'

what i plan on doing is keeping a nicely written piece of paper with all the dings and stuff on the car and then give it to the service people before i send in my car and say "this is the physical damage, now u can try to verify or find other ones before u start but i better not find another ding or scratch after the service"... after 2scratches and a scrape that i found after they fixed my recall (i forget what it was on), i dont trust em no more