Got reamed

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Got reamed

I got rear ended by an old lady with two passengers. We were both going home after school... what happened was , the light turned yellow from being steady green, so I stopped. I was just listening to my music when BAMM , she reamed me.

i looked at my back bumper, WOW, just a few scratches, NO dents... but it needs to be replaced, my license plate was totally gone. Her car, older model accord, was totalled.. headlights were all shattered...

once again, this has confirmed that the TL is a safe car.

edit.
oh and my left exhaust is gone.. its all bent... will they replace the whole two exhausts? or just the left one?
Old 11-07-2002, 08:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

maybe u cud tell the lady that itd be better if she paid for the damages on the side rather than having insurance get involved... it wud save her in the long run

or u cud fake like u got hurt or something but im not fond of the acting hurt routine... just get the money for ur damages and let them be

sorry to hear about ur car though... i wudda been pissed
Old 11-07-2002, 09:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

trust me, from what you told us, your car has suffered unibody and frame damage, rear bumper foam gone, reinforce bar bent. this is the least.

a good thing to check out. look at the two rear doors. look at the gap between the doors and the rear fenders. you might notice that they are different now. that's a sign of unibody damage. i was reared at 10mph so with the accord totalled, it's not going to be good
Old 11-07-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro

I agree with rominl about the foam, all the plastic and foam behind the bumper must be replaced. However, our car has crumple zone which should, well, crumple from bumper up to the passenger cabin. I doubt it will affect the gap between the rear doors and the 1/4 panels. Unless this is a big one, then the 1/4 panels should bend outward.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Glad to hear you're ok. Sorry to hear about your car. I agree with rominl & KJ32, there may be frame damage. Do you have a good bodyshop? Talk with them first before the insurance adjuster sees the car. Work something out with them.
Old 11-07-2002, 11:38 PM
Racer

Thanks for the support and info... my back hurts like hell right now... me and my sister were carried away to the hospital on a stretcher in an ambulance...

i thoght about just leaving the scene.. but im so thankful that i left in a ambulance... god.. my lower back

How long do you think they will keep my car at the shop? I don't want to drive a loaner for more than a week. MY BABY WAAAAAAAAA
Old 11-08-2002, 12:02 AM
Racer

turbox777,

Better get your car on a lift and inspected properly... From the sound of it you will have some frame damage. and this will get expensive to fix.

I got rearended on the hwy in my parents car (came to a stop), I think she was doing 25-30mph ... I hear screaching and I look in the mirror and was ready for it. Took a look, thought it was just a new bumper since mine got cracked ... got an appraisal and the frame was bent... $3000 in total...

Remember the way the build cars today is different than the old days.

Glad to hear you are unharmed (get your back checkout by a chiropractor (sp).
Old 11-08-2002, 01:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

well i was rear ended at 10mph and the gap on my left and right were noticeably different. and upon inspection the body shop immediately told me the frame was shifted, so....

my car was in the shop for a week, trust me it was a pain to drive that volvo...
Old 11-08-2002, 01:50 AM
Racer

man.. i cant believe she hit me though... what happened was its a 4 lane road, two each side. So i'm on the right lane. Try imagine this... im crusing around 40mph and i scan ahead and the intersection light is green. So i want to merge left, i look in my left mirror, enough clearance is verified, so i give three to four left blinks and i merge. THEN the light turns YELLOW.... i mean wtf? So i'm left with two options. (1) Run the yellow (2) stop.

Now I thought about running it, but i scanned ahead, there was traffic, from other street of intersection lining up to turn left.. so i didnt want to risk being T-Boned... so i just stop.

I stopped halfway across the pedestrian walking line, so im like "CRAP, i went too far.... " then BAM... by the time i was hit, i get out of the car, and im standing in the middle of the intersection... im like wtf? So i reverse back.. and i was like.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sigh... gotta call up insurance and claim it tomorrow morning... funny thing was, there was two motos, two patrol units, 1 firetruck, 1 ambulance.. i felt *special*
Old 11-08-2002, 03:10 AM
...and then there was One

How fast do they think she was going when she hit you? Did she attempt to stop?
Old 11-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Racer

like 40+? When i stepped out of my car, i was in the middle of the intersection , my foot was resting lightly on the brake. I was so far out, the traffic from Euclid, other street of intersection, swerved around me .... rofl... i dont think she attempted to stop.. maybe? i dont know..
Old 11-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TLS RULZ
turbox777,

I got rearended on the hwy in my parents car (came to a stop), I think she was doing 25-30mph ... I hear screaching and I look in the mirror and was ready for it.
Does the image of the car coming at you haunt you at all when u drive now? I got rear ended in the garage a while ago. I saw the car coming straight at me(couldn't move go nowhere b/c of traffic). Now, whenever i stop and saw a car coming behind me, i'm kinda scared.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by this is me

Does the image of the car coming at you haunt you at all when u drive now? I got rear ended in the garage a while ago. I saw the car coming straight at me(couldn't move go nowhere b/c of traffic). Now, whenever i stop and saw a car coming behind me, i'm kinda scared.
yea I feel the same way, and it's been almost 4 month now I still feel like that. and sorry to hear about your car, but the importand thing is that you are ok, just go to chir.and get it fix
Old 11-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Pro

You know one way to check if the frame has serious damage is to measure the wheelbase on both sides. center of front wheels to center of the rear wheels. If both sides are dead identical, at least it's telling you don't have damage that affect your suspension. If there's difference between the two after the bodyshop repairs it, Houston, we have a problem. You might want to consider selling it.
Old 11-09-2002, 12:54 AM
Racer

oh crap.... dang it... i probably lost couple thousand just because it got into an accident... WAAA ITS NOT FAIR