Got it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2002, 12:25 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Got it!

Picked up the car today... '03 TL Type-S with Navi.

Overall a good experience, with a couple little things. They had installed the mud guards (they did the 'protection package' thing). I told them that I did not want them (I actually specifically requested that before, but oh well) They happily took them off, and
it now looks much better, and my paint won't be damaged. They left the trunk tray, which is fine, especially since I didn't pay anything for it.

Another thing is that I noticed a very small ding on the top of the trunk lid. This was after I left, and the dealer had closed. I don't suppose they will do anything about it, but I am going to ask anyway. It is not bad, and there is no paint damage, just a tiny dent.

Now on to the impressions... Wow. It feels so nice!

The navi system is awesome... we used it quite a bit today to find a few stores and such that we wanted to stop at while we were in town.

I can't wait until break-in is done, and I can let her loose

well, I'll stop rambling for now. Add me to the list of happy customers (So far! )

-Randy
Old 05-05-2002, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Congratulations on your purchase! Take care of that new baby of yours!

By the way... you didn't say which color you went with.

V.
Old 05-05-2002, 06:03 AM
Racer

welcome to the family!
Old 05-05-2002, 11:17 AM
Racer

how do the splashguards damage the paint job??
Old 05-05-2002, 11:18 AM
Advanced

Silver/Ebony. My wife and I agreed that it looked very nice, and is a neutral color, so that it won't look dated in years to come. Also fairly easy to keep looking clean, and I'm kinda lazy about that

-Randy
Old 05-05-2002, 11:31 AM
DHB
Instructor

Congrats Zesta!

Steveinathens, some owners have discovered that over time the splash guards rub into the paint on the back most side of the splash guard. There have a been a number of posts and pics of the damage on this site.
Old 05-05-2002, 11:39 AM
Racer

so can you put something in between the splashguard and the paint so it wont scratch it??

i dont know what, but surely there is something....
Old 05-05-2002, 12:17 PM
Having Fun?

Originally posted by steveinathens
so can you put something in between the splashguard and the paint so it wont scratch it??

i dont know what, but surely there is something....
hehe, yes I was victim to their damage, down to the metal on my front left 1/4 panel :yack:

You may be able to put something like stoneguard, or XPel under them, maybe something thicker. Those suckers vibrate a lot when you drive around so you would need something pretty sturdy to stand up to the abuse; unfortunately our paint/wax isn't one of them

I say just take them off, even though they do serve a purpose, it is better to have to clean up mud/dirt than having to repaint your 1/4 panels
Old 05-06-2002, 10:50 AM
Masshole

Re: Got it!

Originally posted by zesta
Picked up the car today... '03 TL Type-S with Navi.

Overall a good experience, with a couple little things. They had installed the mud guards (they did the 'protection package' thing). I told them that I did not want them (I actually specifically requested that before, but oh well) They happily took them off, and
it now looks much better, and my paint won't be damaged. They left the trunk tray, which is fine, especially since I didn't pay anything for it.

Another thing is that I noticed a very small ding on the top of the trunk lid. This was after I left, and the dealer had closed. I don't suppose they will do anything about it, but I am going to ask anyway. It is not bad, and there is no paint damage, just a tiny dent.

Now on to the impressions... Wow. It feels so nice!

The navi system is awesome... we used it quite a bit today to find a few stores and such that we wanted to stop at while we were in town.

I can't wait until break-in is done, and I can let her loose

well, I'll stop rambling for now. Add me to the list of happy customers (So far! )

-Randy
On the small ding...they WILL fix it. When I took delivery of my '01 CLS, there was a tiny tiny ding on the hood, they called in a Paintless Dent repair shop...no cost. The sooner you go back and tell them, the better. I went back the next day and there was no problem at all.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:14 AM
Advanced

I just called the dealer, and they said no problem. He said just call them ahead of time so they can make sure the dent fixer was there that day. He said something about 'Dent Wizard' Must be a special dent-fixing place that they have do dent work. The dent is tiny, so it should be easy.

I drove the car to work today so my coworkers could check it out (I plan on driving the old car everyday). Of course it had to rain today after I got to work! Figures...

-Randy
Old 05-06-2002, 11:24 AM
Moo
Pro

Congrats Randy!!!