Good News Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 02:47 PM
Chris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good News Today

Good Afternoon Everyone: Newbie poster here. First Post in fact. I bought a used 2000 3.2 TL with NAVI in December. The dealer I got it from (not Acura) sold me an extended warranty with the car that supposedly covered all of the sensors and high tech computers in the car. My SRS light came on over the weekend and after a diagnosis by the Acura dealer I was told that the OPDS unit and sensor had failed. I did not worry because the warranty covered these high tech items. WRONG. Not covered. I am looking at a $750.00 bill.

I called the dealer that sold me the car and calmly explained the problem. No response. I would up writing a letter to the owner of the dealership to ask for help. I was only seeking the dealer to pick up half of the cost of the repair. He called me today and told me that the manager who sold the warranties back when I got the car had been fired because he was lying to the customers and that the dealer would pick up the tab for the repair. Better to be lucky than good, I always say.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What is the name on the warranty? I've heard many horror stories about being getting screwed big time by aftermarket warranties.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
That's why you always have to get aftermarket warranties in writing, signed by both parties in some cases.

Good to hear that it worked out for you, but what a piece of shit that guy is for lying to people. If I had my way, I would offer him an extended warranty on his genitals, and after I cut 'em off with a dull butter knife (so it hurts more), I would tell him the warranty was fake.

Oh, yes, congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the car, and good luck with the transmission.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:56 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well, a very similar thing happened to me, in that an SRS component (that acronym sure sounds familiar) wasn't covered by AcuraCare. Luckily I was at 51K or 54K and Goodson "goodwilled" it, saving me the entire $254 bill!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Pure Adrenaline
That's why you always have to get aftermarket warranties in writing, signed by both parties in some cases.

Good to hear that it worked out for you, but what a piece of shit that guy is for lying to people. If I had my way, I would offer him an extended warranty on his genitals, and after I cut 'em off with a dull butter knife (so it hurts more), I would tell him the warranty was fake.

Oh, yes, congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the car, and good luck with the transmission.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:03 PM
Chris

Originally Posted by VTEC11
What is the name on the warranty? I've heard many horror stories about being getting screwed big time by aftermarket warranties.

The warranty is from LDS, Louisiana Dealers Services. I did not really blame them though. If it is not covered and that was clearly explained, then so be it. The problem was at the dealer, not the warranty. This dealer will now get all of my future business. Its rare to see this kind of service in today's world.