Good Day = Idle Problem Solved and a Nice Loaner

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Now watch this drive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Day = Idle Problem Solved and a Nice Loaner

Well I finally was able to bring my car into the dealership up here to have a variety of problems taken care of.

1. Back in February when I bought the 2002 TL, I noticed that the car was vibrating a bit when in park, but not when in drive or neutral. Brought it in once, but they couldn't find anything wrong with the car and suggested that perhaps it was the gas. Someone here made a recommendation (wish I could find the old thread), and, as it turned out, was correct: An engine mount needs to be replaced.

2. Transmission fix applied.

3. Working on a fix the occasional check engine light when in SS and racing...I mean... getting on the expressway.

All in all, not a bad day, and since so many people were getting their transmissions fixed along with their normal volume - they had no more loaner cars....

So instead I'm rolling around in a 2004 BMW X3 with about 1,500 miles on it.

A great loaner car, but I'm starting to miss my TL already.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Banned

beat the shit out of that peice of shit.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Gi-Yeah!

Which dealership do you go to?
Old 08-02-2004, 07:32 PM
Now watch this drive

Yeah, I have been. I was skeptical about writing a review since comparing an SUV to a sedan really isn't the same field. But what the hell...

Things I love about the car:
The sunroof that goes all the way back past the rear seats is pretty cool.
All the window controls, on the driver's side at least, are auto up an down.

Things that confuse me about the car:

Why is there no button to open the trunk? The key is the only place with a button, and it can't be used while the car is on.

The SS mode allows me to shift into 5th gear even when my car is idling at a light. *scratches head*

The button to unlock all the car doors is in the center console.

To open the doors, you either have to hit the oddly placed unlock button, or fondle the door handle twice. Once to unlock the door, then again to open it.

Why does the stereo say "BMW Business CD". It vaguely reminds me of the OfficeSpace scene with the printer... "BMW Business CD... what the #*&@! does that mean"

Regardless of how you look at it, the car does possess some strange brand recognition with the ladies. For whatever reason, they get all excited because its a BMW neglecting the fact that the seats are made out of vinyl!
Old 08-02-2004, 11:17 PM
UB6IB9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Revanche
Well I finally was able to bring my car into the dealership up here to have a variety of problems taken care of.

1. Back in February when I bought the 2002 TL, I noticed that the car was vibrating a bit when in park, but not when in drive or neutral. Brought it in once, but they couldn't find anything wrong with the car and suggested that perhaps it was the gas. Someone here made a recommendation (wish I could find the old thread), and, as it turned out, was correct: An engine mount needs to be replaced.

2. Transmission fix applied.

3. Working on a fix the occasional check engine light when in SS and racing...I mean... getting on the expressway.

All in all, not a bad day, and since so many people were getting their transmissions fixed along with their normal volume - they had no more loaner cars....

So instead I'm rolling around in a 2004 BMW X3 with about 1,500 miles on it.

A great loaner car, but I'm starting to miss my TL already.
what do you mean transmission fix applied?
Old 08-02-2004, 11:27 PM
Now watch this drive

Maybe fix is the wrong term of it.... attempted fix maybe? I'm referring to the transmission recall started a few weeks back.