Getting mod fever

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 12:46 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting mod fever

OK, after reading about all the mods for the last few months, I'm starting to get the bug. I really want headers and an intake, but I think I will have to wait on those.

I am thinking about starting with suspension upgrades and some new tires. I am getting tired of the tires complaining when I start off too fast or try to hug a 90 degree turn at a decent speed. If you're not racing someone, it's just downright embarassing to take off from a stop light and the tires chirp (I'm not a teenager anymore)!

Anyway, I definitely want sways and tires, and am thinking about springs. I have some questions that I have seen different answers back and forth in other threads, but nothing definitive.

1) Some people say the sways cause more road noise. Some say they don't. What's the real story?

2) I think I like the idea of the Comptech springs, if they only lower the car 1-1.5 inches like people say. However, I have the body kit, so will the springs cause me to scrape with the body kit? What about with 4 people in the car?

3) It looks like a lot of people are going with 225/45-17 tires instead of the stock 215/50-17. Will these wider tires rub - keep in mind I have the body kit? Will they rub if I get the springs? I am paranoid about this, because a coworker just trashed a nice set of tires on his Prelude because they were rubbing on the inside.

I know this stuff has been talked about before, but people seem to go back and forth. What I haven't seen are definitive answers to these questions.

Thanks.