generation one messed up my headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry generation one messed up my headlights

Do Not use Generation One to clear your headlight turn signals. They did a bad job on mine, and refuse to fix it as they promised under their very flexible definition of a warranty.

I got my headlights cleared at Generation One Motorsports in Anaheim, CA in November of last year. At the time, they told me that the headlight clearing comes with an included warranty, that if the headlights ever fog or leak that they would fix it for free. They called it a lifetime warranty and assured me that they do quality work.

I had one headlight fog up a month later, and they resealed it under warranty. It fogged up again a week later, and they resealed it again under warranty.

So eight months after the clearing, the other headlight starts fogging up. So I take my car back in, but they refuse to fix it. They now tell me that the warranty expired, that it's only a six month warranty. Of course, this is NOT what they told me at the time that they first sold me the service. So I tell them that they can't go changing the policy after the fact, but they just say that they can't be held responsible for my "misunderstanding." They refuse to do anything for me without my first paying them big bucks, which I really shouldn't have to.

I need your help. I want to know what everyone who has contacted Generation One about headlight clearing has heard about their warranty policy. For those of you who have actually had your lights cleared there or called them up about it, please let me know what length of warranty they offered you. I intend to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and would just like some more documentation to support my claim. Frankly, I wouldn't go back there and get my headlights fixed by them even if they offered it for free now after the way they treated me and called me a liar. I just want to let you guys know so they don't pull the same rip-off dishonest business practices on my fellow TL bretheren as they did on me.

Thanks.

-Josh
Old 07-22-2002, 04:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,196 Posts
Did they give you anything in writing stating what the warrenty was?
Old 07-22-2002, 05:53 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by doopstr
Did they give you anything in writing stating what the warrenty was?
Unfortunately no. Thinking back, I should have demanded it when I got the lights cleared. But that's all in the past now. I guess I'm just too trusting in a world where people just can't be trusted when it comes down to profit.
Old 07-22-2002, 07:13 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

I guess I'm just too trusting in a world where people just can't be trusted when it comes down to profit.

BINGO! I learned the hard way myself after getting screwed on a couple similar things that happened. Bastards just dont care about you only about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and thats it....
Old 07-23-2002, 01:11 AM
bluLEGEND

Some people call it ruthless capitalism. They'll get what's coming.