Funny story vs. a Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Boomer SOONER

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Funny story vs. a Camaro

I have always liked to mess with people some on long trips on a four lane highway. I mean when they try to pass me on the right I speed up to box them in....just to keep me entertained on the trip - nothing crazy.
Anyway, the other day I was at a stop light, and before the next light I had to get over to the right to get on the on ramp for the highway, I was in the left lane and when the light turned green I gunned it to get infront of this camaro. He obviously wasnt paying attention cause his car sounded mean when he got up behind me. He was obviously pissed that he got beat off the line by an Acura HAHAHA.
Ok now to the funny part. He was riding my ass all the way down the on ramp, so right before we merged on, I gunned it again to get in the left lane (of our side of the freeway), I did this just in time to cut him off again- he almost passed me on the shoulder! So about 50 feet or so infront of us there is a truck in the right lane - i could tell that the camaro was going to try to pass me on the right directly after we passed this truck. I started to get on it again we were going about 95 when we passed the truck. Like I thought, he cut into the right lane 100mph...105mph...then there was another car infront of him approaching quickly, i was ready to get out of his way cause there was no way he was going to be able to get infront of me without hitting me.
Next thing I know he lockes up his brakes with a cloud of smoke. I drive by and look in my mirror and i see him slow down and pull over!!! I bet he had a serrious flat spot on his tires after that!!! HAHA:
Old 01-27-2004, 01:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muscle car drivers don't want to be outdone by what they term as Jap Cr*p. I know friends who have 5.0 liter mustangs (used to have one too). I always challenge them for a run on a back street but nobody seem to oblige. A lot of them know about the "red S emblem" and how it would "eat the mustang alive" as one stated to me.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forum/showth...ghlight=vicman
Old 01-27-2004, 02:36 AM
Racer

Re: Funny story vs. a Camaro

Originally posted by OU Sig
I have always liked to mess with people some on long trips on a four lane highway. I mean when they try to pass me on the right I speed up to box them in....just to keep me entertained on the trip - nothing crazy.
Ahh, so you're one of those retards who drives slow in the fast lane...
Old 01-27-2004, 02:39 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Re: Funny story vs. a Camaro

Originally posted by vipvop
Ahh, so you're one of those retards who drives slow in the fast lane...
Ahaha, I don't like those people as well. I usually go 80mph on the highway and there is always some moron sitting in the fast lane going 55mph.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Banned

There is nothign more that pisses me off than someone sitting in the fast lane going slow with a build up of cars behind him... and doesnt want to move out of the left lane. I like to go about 80 on the free way and i always bump into atleast 2 of those ideots on my drive. If its night time, I High Beam them... and some still have the nerve not to move and decide to break. Thas when I pull into the right lane and give them the finger as i pass them and then cut them off.

I know its immature but it gets on my nerves! If I have the courtesy not to tail gate you like some bastards and high beam you to politely ask you to move out of the way, there is no need to do the breaking thing.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:16 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That might fly in OK, but try it in say LA and you're liable to get shot
Old 01-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Three Wheelin'

honestly man, what you did is not only pretty stupid, it's pretty dangerous. I learned my lesson after being stopped by a cop going 172 km/h in a 100 km/h zone. Racing is for idiots. I mean sure you can have fun once in a while, but do it while you're in the car alone, on an open road, so if you kill yourself, no one else's innocent life is put at risk. Don't be stupid...enjoy your TL for it's precise handling, and sensitive gas pedal, stop driving like a fool who just got his license.

happy cruisin boyz!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 11:41 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by NYDesi80
There is nothign more that pisses me off than someone sitting in the fast lane going slow with a build up of cars behind him... and doesnt want to move out of the left lane. I like to go about 80 on the free way and i always bump into atleast 2 of those ideots on my drive. If its night time, I High Beam them... and some still have the nerve not to move and decide to break. Thas when I pull into the right lane and give them the finger as i pass them and then cut them off.

I know its immature but it gets on my nerves! If I have the courtesy not to tail gate you like some bastards and high beam you to politely ask you to move out of the way, there is no need to do the breaking thing.
Ooo those who end up pissing me off like that on purpose. Like they will break and slow down even more. I wait and when I get my chance to get ahead of them do the same back to them. It drives me nuts. 3 lane highway and all the cars just travel pretty much parallel to each other while there is no one ahead of them.

btw...
sc354, couldn't outrun the cop?
Old 01-27-2004, 11:43 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

No, that's not immature. It's called road rage and it's classified as an official mental disorder. Everyone has a case of it, including myself.. although I have it pretty bad and can't tolerate people who ride along the passing lane for miles and miles with a line of cars behind them. I'm not impatient. Just intolerant of ignorant people.

I pass on the right, give them the death stare, flip the bird, and cut 'em off. And if they give me the stare back or give me the finger, I'm locking up my brakes after I cut them off. **** them if they want to mess with me. I'll put 'em into the median. *******s like them shouldn't be driving on the interstate, anyway.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:46 AM
Drifting

Pure Adrenaline,

It is just a lot of inconsiderate drivers out there... if they like to be slow and safer thats fine, dont waste other people's time. It is called the passing lane lol not the fast lane right?
Old 01-27-2004, 11:52 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by Bxscig
Pure Adrenaline,

It is just a lot of inconsiderate drivers out there... if they like to be slow and safer thats fine, dont waste other people's time. It is called the passing lane lol not the fast lane right?

Indeed. Take Sunday for example. I was driving back to school from home, and I was on I-96 westbound. Two lanes each way, moderate traffic. I had the cruise control at 85, going with the traffic in the left lane. All of a sudden everyone locks up their brakes. Hoooooly shhhhhiiiittt!!! :wow:

Move slightly to the left, look yonder and what do I f*cking see? A Toyota Tundra passing some pos Mazda. Must've just popped into the passing lane with absolute disregard for me and others coming in at 85 mph. Look down on the speedometer, and we're going 68-70. The Tundra isn't even passing the Mazda anymore. Just keeping pace, almost like they are trying to block the road. So I'm getting annoyed. Pass two cars on the right, and I'm two cars behind the Tundra now. We finally pass the Mazda, road is wide open. Tundra won't get over. I make sure to signal to the driver in front of me that I intend to pass him and the Tundra.

Drop it in 3rd and whhhhheeeeee!!! Zoom by the Tundy, f*cking lay on the horn, flip the finger and took it up to 140 mph... road was wide open with no traffic in front of us.

70-140 was fun. It's therapeutic. I should do it more often.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:13 PM
Banned

While we're on this topic what about those ideots who can't judge how fast someone is comming up in the lane next to them, and they signal and change lanes, causing you to break like a maniac!! I mean I dont know if they do it delibrately or is it just stipidity!!

I understand that Im speeding in the left lane doing 85 in a 55, but I mean common sense shouldn tell you if you see a car closing in pretty fast that they shouldn't change lanes but wait till I've passed. And if I hit him, they're argument will be, "you were speeding". I really think accidents for the most part doesnt happen due to speeding but ideots like that on the road who blame it on speeders. I guess its a matter of how you chose to look at it.

And btw I think this thread got hijacked..sorry.. i might be the cause.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Pusha Z

I have always liked to mess with people some on long trips on a four lane highway. I mean when they try to pass me on the right I speed up to box them in....just to keep me entertained on the trip
Damn, I hate as$holes that block in. I hate muscle cars almost as much as I hate ****head drivers who play Highway Nazi. And Im sure they hate the highbeams in their rearview mirror, I highbeam them shift to the right so its in their mirror, honk, and then turn on the driverside dome light as I pass so they can see my illuminated middle finger.

Like homie said below "dont ready way too much into the story" ahahaha
Old 01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
Boomer SOONER

Well by the way to all of you who want to call me an "idiot" and that guy who drives slow in the fast lane, and immature...F*ck you cause you dont know me - NYDesi80 ,sc354,Bxscig,Pure Adrenaline. And you obviously ready way too much into the story.

First of all, I NEVER drive slow especially in the fast lane. What I meant was when you are in a train of cars going say 80 in a 70 slowly passing a group of people in the SLOW lane and someone behind you tries to pass all of you in the left lane, but that person isnt able to get around all of you so he has to slow way down and get in the back of the line....so thats that subject

And I wasnt racing by any means if I was he would have flown by me. All I was doing was proving to him that he doesnt own the road and he cannot pass on the damn shoulder. If he would have waited till we passed that 2nd truck, he would have had a clear shot in any lane cause there was knowone infront of us.

Before you talk Sh&t, chill out, it was all in fun, and I am probably one of the safest drivers
Old 01-27-2004, 12:50 PM
Dragging knees in

OU Sig, I wasn't talking about you, man. Not a word of it was aimed at you. I was just venting. Sorry I hijacked your thread.

Old 01-27-2004, 12:53 PM
Boomer SOONER

Well, to everyone who wants to vent, great but not at me!!!!

I am a safe driver, quite a bit safer than people my age. You wont see me driving 140MPH and taking pictures of it!!! Or pulling the E Brake on top of a parking garage!!! If you want to get on someone, then I think they should be who you get on. Im not going to mention names but if you have been on this site for long, you know who they are.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:08 PM
2002 TL Type S

So you're the guy that always clogs up the passing lane and then speeds up to keep someone from getting around you. Normally you guys don't bother me b/c I can easily outpull most of these dolts with a quick stomp of the throttle, but if you're in a fast car, that just sukks.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Smitty's Moral Police

I mean when they try to pass me on the right I speed up to box them in....just to keep me entertained
I am a safe driver
Old 01-27-2004, 01:43 PM
Advanced

Well, to everyone who wants to vent, great but not at me!!!!

I am a safe driver.
So I guess messing around like that would be considered safe. Sometimes a little "joke" can turn serious. Not a very smart thing to do.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:48 PM
Banned

Well by the way to all of you who want to call me an "idiot" and that guy who drives slow in the fast lane, and immature...F*ck you cause you dont know me - NYDesi80 ,sc354,Bxscig,Pure Adrenaline. And you obviously ready way too much into the story.

Before you talk Sh&t, chill out, it was all in fun, and I am probably one of the safest drivers
Alright, if you actually open your eyes and read my post, I didnt call you immature, but refered to what I was doing in response to those drivers immautre. Basically calling myself immature. I didnt read too much, its more like you didnt read at all. U need to learn how to read and you can go F urself!!!

And for the record, I see that you are new to this forum, when you post a thread here, you need to be able to accept the criticisms as well as the compliments. If you can't do that, I suggest you dont post here, everyone here will give you truthful responses that you can count on.

I have to say, for a Newbie, you defenitely are starting off on the wrong foot.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:51 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by punkoz
So I guess messing around like that would be considered safe. Sometimes a little "joke" can turn serious. Not a very smart thing to do.
I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon and flame OU Sig (I'm talking in general), but if somebody deliberately and obviously did that to me, I would put 'em into the concrete barrier or the median. It's worth it to teach them a good, unforgettable lesson of what can happen if they mess with the wrong guy in the wrong mood. I'll go on my merry way, waving bye-bye to you.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:07 PM
Dragging knees in

I have to say, for a Newbie, you defenitely are starting off on the wrong foot.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Old 01-27-2004, 02:16 PM
Boomer SOONER

oh sorry guys, that this site hasnt been my life for years and I dont post 50 times a day = my "newbie" status.

As for my initial post - how bout we just write it up to a bunch of confusion, cause I promise you I did nothing dangerous or out of the ordinary, I honestly was driving normal...kinda fast but normal, and he did all the crazy driving.

The whole point of the story was, how he was trying to be a Hondo and it bit him in the butt. Nothing else. I wasnt trying to be a badass or anything, just that he screwed himself.

SO LAY OFF!!!
Old 01-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Banned

oh sorry guys, that this site hasnt been my life for years and I dont post 50 times a day = my "newbie" status.
SO LAY OFF!!!
And he continues to insult others on this forum. I have nothign to say at this point.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:29 PM
Burning Brakes

I can't stand people who forget what the tree on the left side of the steering wheel is for (e.g. BLINKER). It's so annoying.

Seriously road rage is bad. Getting hurt or causing direct/indirect injury to someone [or people] for stupid little crap isn't worth it.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:05 PM
Racer

hey thats not fair, Im not in the list and I was the first one to insult you...
Old 01-27-2004, 07:42 PM
Boomer SOONER

Originally posted by vipvop
hey thats not fair, Im not in the list and I was the first one to insult you...

I wish I was as cool as you.

To all of you who took my story as no big deal and took it for a laugh - thanks. To all of you who immediately jumped down my throat and called me names - go back to middle school. And I bet that most of you drive much more aggressive than you say on here.

Just check nearly all of the videos on here 140+ and taking pictures....ya real safe.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Drifting

Actually, I dont even think I insulted you. Calm down.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:40 PM
'99 Acura 3.2TL

it's funny how every thread on this forum ends up with flames and insults

@cUr@-TL
Old 01-27-2004, 10:12 PM
Banned

Alright I think MODS need to close this thread, and end it. Its getting out of hand.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:18 PM
Boomer SOONER

Oh all, how bout we all just be buds....Things were misunderstood...no big deal, I think we all just need to quit talking crap and not worry about it.

I'm just mad that I dont have a black '03 type S !!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
There's nothing I like more than when I'm doing 80mph in the fast lane and someone starts riding my a$$; then I lay on the brakes (not locking but close) and watch them freak-out then drop off into the distance the rest of the trip.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:46 AM
Smitty's Moral Police

When someone comes flying up behind you, that's a sure sign that you need to get your slow ass to the right. If someone has to pass you on the right, you're wrong. If you do something stupid to 'get back' at them for wanting to drive faster than you, you get what you deserve. This has been a public service announcement.
Old 01-28-2004, 08:58 AM
2002 TL Type S

Originally posted by unlemming
When someone comes flying up behind you, that's a sure sign that you need to get your slow ass to the right. If someone has to pass you on the right, you're wrong. If you do something stupid to 'get back' at them for wanting to drive faster than you, you get what you deserve. This has been a public service announcement.
If they catch up to you, it's because they aren't driving the same speed as you, so get over when you have a chance and let them pass.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Intermediate

Severin were you the guy I had to pass on the sholder as I
was rushing my wife to the hosipital.

Thank you very much.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:13 AM
Intermediate

Severin were you the guy I had to pass on the shoulder as I
was rushing my wife to the hosipital.

Thank you very much.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:30 AM
Three Wheelin'

First of all, I NEVER drive slow especially in the fast lane. What I meant was when you are in a train of cars going say 80 in a 70 slowly passing a group of people in the SLOW lane and someone behind you tries to pass all of you in the left lane, but that person isnt able to get around all of you so he has to slow way down and get in the back of the line....so thats that subject

And I wasnt racing by any means if I was he would have flown by me. All I was doing was proving to him that he doesnt own the road and he cannot pass on the damn shoulder. If he would have waited till we passed that 2nd truck, he would have had a clear shot in any lane cause there was knowone infront of us.

One of the safest drivers you say??? causing a camaro to slam on his brakes and create smoke in his path because you needed a thrill is not what I call safe. Sure I've done some pretty stupid sh*t, and I admit to that, but when I do it I always make sure that

a) the conditions can accompany my stupidity...this means roads are totally dry and I'm not putting anyone else but myself in danger

b) If I do decide to do something very stupid, such as speed like a maniac on the highway, I do it alone in the car, at virtually 3am when there are no cars on the road. This way, if god forbid anything should happen, the only person's life at risk is mine. The TL can be very enticing sometimes, and with a car as performance based as it is, it can be hard to say no. I have learned from my mistakes, and managed to control my urges to speed all the time. I just turn on my music, never make promises with others that I will pick them up at a certain time, and enjoy the way the TL rides/handles.

Good luck to all TL drivers, and becareful out there...the weather isn't cooperating lately, don't let it punish you...
Old 01-28-2004, 02:04 PM
Go Stros!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
yeah so how was this relevant to the story...who cares? Get it! hahaha ok I don't know what I'm talking about now...just post whoring and I can admit to that.
Old 01-29-2004, 01:00 AM
Boomer SOONER

Alright sc354 you are killing me. Have you not read my many replies to all the trash talking??? I admit, my story wasnt told very well, thats what happens when you try to type...and dont proofread.

The whole point of the story was to say how the Camaro driver was trying to be a hondo and I did NOTHING wrong!!!

I didnt try to cause anything, I was actually slowing down somewhat...I usually dont drive 100 on the highway, and he decided to try to pass me on the right - he must have been going 120. He came up to fast on the car in front of him and he had to lock the brakes. I didnt do anything like try to box him in, obviously that is a little more dangerous than you want to deal with. Dont jump to conclusions when you honestly dont know me or anything about me.

This is my last post to this obviously misunderstood post.
Old 01-29-2004, 08:27 AM
Advanced

And this thread lives............... give OU sig a break already....