funny old man teaching

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 11:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
funny old man teaching

i was driving on freeway last weekend with my gf, and as usual i drive arounf 80 to 85mph through traffic. i changed to fast lane and noticed that there's another car doing about 70mph so i had to slow down.

instead of breaking, i decided to just let go of the gas and let the car slowed down itself, coz' i was like 10 cars behind him. it's cool, but suddenly that car decided to slow down... wtf... so i braked, and this OLD man around 50s or so put up his index finger and shaked it (like saying no no no).

i was like what the hell? i am not at some insane speed, not in reckless driving, not tailgating, and he was cruising 70mph on the fast lane?!?! he must be funny. and he was in this previous generation accord ex (not even v6).

so i took my time. when the next lane cleared, he tried to changed lane to block me. so i shifted down to 4, changed two lanes, and passed him in no time. and of course, i shaked my index finger as well. my gf and i actually laughed.

talk about weird people....
Old 12-13-2001, 12:56 PM
Racer

Thumbs up Yeah!!!

I'm ok with slow driving old people. I know they're scared and afraid of the speed, but I hate arrogant pain in the ass slow driving old folks wagging their fingers. I get that **** all the time driving on the Jersey Turnpike. Drives me crazy. Anyway, good for you. Stick it to the old folks.
Old 12-13-2001, 01:59 PM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The only finger I see is the middle finger from them because I flew past my them quick!
Old 12-13-2001, 06:14 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, I can't stand those people who think it's their civic duty to play traffic cop and enforce traffic laws on others, especially when they themselves are probably guilty of fracturing a traffic law or two themselves.

Tony
Old 12-13-2001, 06:43 PM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tony,

I don't know if it's just a Bay Area thang or what.. but the other night coming home from Sacramento, there was this 94 civic with these two guys in the car..

Going up those hills on 580 from Tracy, I was crusin in the fast lane goin about 70(limit is 65) and I come up on this civic.. he decides to try and slow me down while we are going uphill.. I mean.. he steps on his brakes while there is no one in front of him.. WTF?? So I tail him for a bit and he slows down to about 40.. now I know he was doing this on purpose..

I switch over to SS, and my wife give me "the look" cuz she knows what I was about to do..
I signal to get over to the next lane to pass.. but that focker changes lanes too!! Alright fine, so we'er both in the lane, so I try and go back to the fast lane and he tries to come back too! I high beamed him, and then took off..

Later, when we go to Dublin about 30 min later where traffic started to slow.. he finally catches up next to me on the passenger side and looks over.. my wife then gives him the "What the fock do you want look" along with some hand gestures.. that made me giggle.. and we took off, this time he didn't follow..

In hindsight.. I guess it could have been a CHP officer off-duty or something..
Old 12-14-2001, 08:48 AM
Instructor

Talking He He He

Originally posted by Edub-TL
Tony,

I don't know if it's just a Bay Area thang or what.. but the other night coming home from Sacramento, there was this 94 civic with these two guys in the car..

Going up those hills on 580 from Tracy, I was crusin in the fast lane goin about 70(limit is 65) and I come up on this civic.. he decides to try and slow me down while we are going uphill.. I mean.. he steps on his brakes while there is no one in front of him.. WTF?? So I tail him for a bit and he slows down to about 40.. now I know he was doing this on purpose..

I switch over to SS, and my wife give me "the look" cuz she knows what I was about to do..
I signal to get over to the next lane to pass.. but that focker changes lanes too!! Alright fine, so we'er both in the lane, so I try and go back to the fast lane and he tries to come back too! I high beamed him, and then took off..

Later, when we go to Dublin about 30 min later where traffic started to slow.. he finally catches up next to me on the passenger side and looks over.. my wife then gives him the "What the fock do you want look" along with some hand gestures.. that made me giggle.. and we took off, this time he didn't follow..

In hindsight.. I guess it could have been a CHP officer off-duty or something..

Old people are funny...
Old 12-14-2001, 09:01 AM
Pro

people got problems, especially people who like to think they are enforcing laws themselves, exactly like the loser you decribed.

Just like other people who do 60 in the fast lane, and when you try to get in the middle lane to pass them they are all of sudden doing 95 to keep you from passing them. Well if you were f'n doing 95 in the first place I wouldn't be trying to pass you a*hole!! It's people like that thad bring out the road-rager in me, especially when I have my talon and I don't care if I get hit (I could use a new paint job)

Let's just say my middle finger gets a lot of use.

keep safe out there
Old 12-14-2001, 12:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Turboara
people got problems, especially people who like to think they are enforcing laws themselves, exactly like the loser you decribed.

Just like other people who do 60 in the fast lane, and when you try to get in the middle lane to pass them they are all of sudden doing 95 to keep you from passing them. Well if you were f'n doing 95 in the first place I wouldn't be trying to pass you a*hole
The hypocrisy of it all--someone (non-LEO) breaking the law (going from 60 to 95) in order to force others to obey it...

Let's see them explain that to us...

Tony
Old 12-15-2001, 01:30 AM
Drifting

I guess people have this deep seeded need to be as$holes for whatever reason. And people wonder why all the roadrage.
Old 12-15-2001, 06:03 AM
Purchased: April 28, 2001

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Edub-TL
and my wife
For some reason I was shocked when I read this, but I knew well in advance that it was gonna happen. I guess I just cant accept it myself since we're pretty much the same age.