frickin wildlife

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
frickin wildlife

This is what I get for moving to the burbs aka country life.
Bought house last August. Move in day, a damn racoon :bigun2:
runs right in the car on the 55 MPH road. First time that I've ever
been responsible for road kill so I was scared $hitle$$. Needless
to say the underside of the front bumper is cracked due to girth of racoons.
Luckily this was fixed when some idiot decided to make a right turn from the left lane on the highway and hit me in the right lane.

Anywhoo, fastforward to 1 am this morning. Headed up the Palisades Parkway from the GWB going north. Had a long day and obviously long night, then
BAM! I see a dayum racoon running into my lane. As he was just 2 feet from my car, all I had time to do was YELL FCUK and hold on. Pulled over at the gas station 8 miles down and the frickin wildlife not only cracked my new bumper, but it left a tuft of fur behind on the undercarriage.

What de hell! I ain't Paris Hilton but sheesh already with the simple life. The wildlife respects the dayum Thruway so why not the PIP (That's Palisades Interstate Parkway)?

Just venting :rocketwho
Old 05-28-2004, 04:28 PM
USMC Butterbars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha....i think i saw that dead racoon today! Was it between exits 1 and 2?
Old 05-28-2004, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Move to Sou. Cal. & you'll scramble Mountain Lions! I just missed one yesterday that was scrambling across the 57 freeway!
Old 05-28-2004, 04:58 PM
Sig Rho's Finest

i once hit a pigeon off my windshield. sad and funny at the same time cus when i looked bak all i saw was feather in the air
Old 05-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Drifting

i remember when i lived in florida, talk about road kill, howabout moble speedbumps, better known as armadillas, their all over the friggin place. And ya know what, they can be run over ten times & it still feels like your running over a bowling ball. They dont flatten @ all.
Old 05-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Racer

A Pigeon once got stuck in my dads engine bay.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:37 AM
i

a pigeon took the biggest dump on my rear bumper, and now theres an imprint of it in the paint...musta been acid bird shit that eats through paint, i have no idea. Thats what you get when u mix birds with los angeles smog
Old 05-29-2004, 09:13 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I almost hit a deer in the middle of the night on the Palisades Parkway on the way to I-87 once... damn thing just jumped out and looked at me, had to swerve onto the other side.
Old 05-29-2004, 10:11 AM
On the way!

I've had a couple of good ones.

I was in the passenger seat of a 1987 Fiero when my buddy hit a cow late at night. We were coming over a slight hill late at night and there were about 5 cows standing in the middle ofthe road. He yelled "Shiiiiiiiii...." I lowered the map I was looking at down, looked through the windshield to see a big eye. Blam! The cops showed up and were laughing. The cop asked where the shit streak was. I had no idea what he was talking about, but he explained that whenever you hit a cow it relieves itself upon impact. Sure enough, there was a line of cow crap all down the side of the car. Luckily the Fiero is a really low car. The cow pushed the roof back about 3 inches, but essentially flew over the car. If we had been in a taller vehicle we might have been killed.

Another time I was driving in Southern GA and was about to pass a pair of canadian geese walking around by the side of the road. I got half a lane over, but didn't slow down because I didn't think they'd be stupid enough to run into the road. I was wrong. One of them started to run into the road and I hit it with my bumper. I stopped about 1/2 mile down the road to see if there was any damage (there wasn't any). A coworker of mine pulled over and told me that he saw it from behind. He was laughing because it looked like I had hit a big feather pillow. There was just a HUGE cloud of feathers produced in one big poof. Oh well....
Old 05-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Drifting

did the cow survive?
Old 05-29-2004, 11:25 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Fortunatley my car insurance cuts the deductable in half under the "Stupid Animal" clause.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:48 PM
On the way!

Originally Posted by seattle dale
did the cow survive?
No, the cow was very dead. The cop was ready to shoot it if it wasn't.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Pro

Ahhh... stupid animals. Nice to see Natural Selection at work. LOL
Old 05-30-2004, 11:47 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by shimbo519
haha....i think i saw that dead racoon today! Was it between exits 1 and 2?

Yes it was. I'll claim that one.
Thanks for the other stories, now I don't feel so bad.
Only wish racoons learn how to stop and divert quickly
like squirrels. Damn thing kept coming anyway.
I need an MDX for times like that.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:33 AM
All Hail the Chief

We have deer ALL OVER the place here in VA. I think they take the cake when it comes to "stupid animals". I have thus far been fortunate enough not to hit one, although there have been many close calls. My qui-cck reflexes at work!
Old 05-31-2004, 10:41 AM
is the Mighty Favog

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's pretty much what I was refering to (deer). I was driving on a curvy road (not with the TL-S) and a huge doe walked out of the woods with steep hills on either side of the two lane road. She gets 3/4 of the way across and sees me coming. She looks for a second and darts back from direction she came. That's when I rolled her up on my hood. She rolled off and and ran up the hill she was destined for to begin with. If she just kept that same direction then things would be fine. But NO! I have to get a new hood and side marker light plus an allergy attack from all the fur and piss she left behind on my car (in fact teh clumps of fur was how I prooved to the insurance people what I hit).