First Ding

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 10:44 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post First Ding

Ouch, I've just received my very first ding on my 3-day-old 2002 TL-S. It's a little pinhead-sized pocket on the front left, just above the left headlight. Oww, oww, oww.

Didn't break the clearcoat though. I've always been a dent magnet for some reason. My previous car (a 97 Accord) has collected more than its fair share of dings and dents. I think it's because my work commute coincides with several routes taken by heavy machinery--there's a rock quarry down the highway.

Oh well. At least I had a perfect car for two days. I'll do my best to keep it clean and shiny. I'll get the dents out once every six months or so.
Old 06-09-2001, 11:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are you sure this ding wasn't from the dealer ?

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Satin Silver, Ebony Interior w/out nav
Old 06-09-2001, 11:38 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by bioyuki:

Yes. I took extra time to sight down all the surfaces of the car to make sure there aren't any defects on the surface.

Old 06-10-2001, 04:56 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by bioyuki:

That's a very good and legitimate question bioyuki! That's exactly what had happened with mine. Here's what happened...when I had my car in for the LoJack installation (3 days after initial pick up), this is whats on the list of things to be done on my car for the day:

1) LoJack installation
2) Customer request loaner car
3) Inspect the small dent in the right rear fender

I asked the service guy how he knew about the dent on my fender and the service guy mentioned that I was the one who told them about it. Obviously they knew all along it was there. Sometimes it is hard to find any ding in your new car because it is so shiney when it's new. Lesson learned (for me at least, inspect every inch of your new car before signing for the keys.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:22 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Davids-TLS:

That's a very good and legitimate question bioyuki! That's exactly what had happened with mine. Here's what happened...when I had my car in for the LoJack installation (3 days after initial pick up), this is whats on the list of things to be done on my car for the day:

1) LoJack installation
2) Customer request loaner car
3) Inspect the small dent in the right rear fender

I asked the service guy how he knew about the dent on my fender and the service guy mentioned that I was the one who told them about it. Obviously they knew all along it was there. Sometimes it is hard to find any ding in your new car because it is so shiney when it's new. Lesson learned (for me at least, inspect every inch of your new car before signing for the keys.
Davids-TLS, I have read your post before picking up my car. That's why I was so paranoid about inspecting the body before signing. I probably spent 5-10 min. going over every body panel looking for dents. I didn't find any, but it doesn't mean there wasn't any small ones.

Oh well. It's inevitable anyway. I'll just gather a few more and get them all fixed in 6 months.