First Detail

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2001, 02:37 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post First Detail

Well, this weekend I washed the car for the first time (in between the rain), and then pulled it into the garage, dried it, and detailed the exterior. Here's the steps I ran.
1. Washed with Meguiars Mirro Glaze Hi-Tech Wash.

2. Using Mirror Glaze Final Inspection I applied in small areas at a time a mist to the car, then used a clay bar (not the Meguiars, but a blue one called "Granite"). This took everything off the finish that shouldn't be there.

3. Applied Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner (following directions on bottle).

4. Applied Meguiars Mirror Glase Show Car Glaze (following directions on bottle).

5. Applied Meguiars Medallion Premium Paint Protection (following directions on bottle).

6. Applied Meguiars Endurance to the tires (wheels were washed with a soft bristle brush with the same water/soap from the car after the car was washed).

All I can say is the car looks wonderful. I don't have any pics since it's a tight fit in the garage with the TL and the Mustang in there. I was a Mequiars fan, but I'd never used the Professional series before, and I can say it's better. The car looks awesome. It took me 4 hours (start to finish), but the results were well worth it. I go kinda crazy on this, I inspect every inch of painted metal or anything... I kinda go overboard with this, but I figure why not. Too bad it's pooring here, and it will be for the next 2 days, I know it won't look so bad after I go to work and back tomorrow with all the rain.
Old 02-12-2001, 03:14 AM
Sticky Rice OwnZ joO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey you wanna detail mine too?? J/K

We understand, you gotta protect your baby..
Old 02-12-2001, 11:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Edub-TL:
Hey you wanna detail mine too?? J/K

We understand, you gotta protect your baby..
Hehee... Well, it's not my baby, but yeah, gotta protect the new car. I've taken great care of every car I've had, so this will be no different.