Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2001, 08:16 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And here is one for before and after MM with H/I/E:

Old 10-31-2001, 08:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a nasty thought, but air density goes down in high heat... I'm looking at the dynos with 90-degree temps

Resonance changes with air density...

http://grapeaperacing.com/GrapeApeRa...ehelmholtz.htm

Just a thought...

Any comments????
Old 11-01-2001, 10:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by juniorbean

Hey RAdams.... refresh my memory.... does this mod work better on a stock engine, or am I better off getting an intake (which I was planning on). If it's better stock, then I'll skip the intake and just do this mod. Thanks.....

So... based on that dyno above (with I/H/E) I guess I'll be OK with an intake and exhaust.....
Old 11-01-2001, 12:42 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the way it smoothes the powerband so dramatically. The big, momentary, dips in HP and torque when the IMRC and VTEC kick in are not nearly as dramatic with the "Mystery Mod."

What is the official name anyway? I like Mystery Mod but it doesn't sound "Techie" enough and it's no longer a mystery.

EricL, thanks for reposting those dynos. I don't see what you are looking at re: air density and heat. The 70 degree runs on the CLS look only marginally different than the baseline H/E/I 90 degree run.
Old 11-01-2001, 12:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
damn!!! that dyno's beautiful...on a cold day 250hp to the ground...i love it...and they're the perfect compliment to the headers...really bring out there performance
Old 11-01-2001, 08:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by rockinTLS
I like the way it smoothes the powerband so dramatically. The big, momentary, dips in HP and torque when the IMRC and VTEC kick in are not nearly as dramatic with the "Mystery Mod."

What is the official name anyway? I like Mystery Mod but it doesn't sound "Techie" enough and it's no longer a mystery.

EricL, thanks for reposting those dynos. I don't see what you are looking at re: air density and heat. The 70 degree runs on the CLS look only marginally different than the baseline H/E/I 90 degree run.
I am just curious how the dyno with the MM would be at 40 degrees. This is not meant has a "hack" -- the best stuff is the simplest stuff (IMO). I was only thinking about air changing density, and thus possibly impacting aspects of the "resonance".

There has been a difference in some of the baseline dynos. The dyno graph will correct to standard conditions, but if some “system” in the car depends on air density for its operation, it could alter the results obtained. Breath in some Helium and talk, and you will see what I mean

That's why I said, "any comments?" -- I would love to look at before and after “MM” dynos done in cold weather...

If you look at Mike’s dyno, the torque with intake and headers is peaking at 200 ft-lb at 6000 rpm (NO MM). In the dyno WITH the MM, but at 90 degrees, there is a substantial increase (NICE!); however, the upper curve (with MM) is also around 200 ft-lb. Then Mike’s torque is at around 190 ft-lb at 4000 rpm, with the MM torque sitting around 195 fl-lb at 4000 rpm.

If I’m reading this wrong, let me know. (Resonance is dependent on air density, if air density changes, doesn’t that alter the size of a cavity necessary for a given resonance??)