A Few Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 12:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A Few Questions

I had my heart set on buying a CL-S later this year, but there was always something I didn’t like about its styling (the Accord coupe looks better!). Then info started coming out about the TL-S and my mind was changed as soon as I saw it. I’ve spent some time at the Acura site, but I still have a few questions unanswered.

Question 1: The sunroof on the CL-S only opens about 3/4 of the way due to the slope of the roof. Does the TL’s sunroof open all the way? How’s the headroom?

Question 2: What is “Fenderwell Trim?” Is it visible, or is it fully within the wheel well?

Question 3: Why can’t I get a tan interior on a blue car?

Question 4: If I get the under-body spoilers could I still get splash guards and/or a full nose mask? They don’t appear to be compatible.

Question 5: What do you guys think of the rear wing spoiler? Sporty or phony?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2001, 01:17 PM
Instructor

I had the same question about the fenderwell trim. I couldn't tell what it looked like or was at the site. Perhaps it's the chrome trim that goes around your fenderwell?
Old 03-22-2001, 02:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by R Man:
I had my heart set on buying a CL-S later this year, but there was always something I didn’t like about its styling (the Accord coupe looks better!). Then info started coming out about the TL-S and my mind was changed as soon as I saw it. I’ve spent some time at the Acura site, but I still have a few questions unanswered.

Question 1: The sunroof on the CL-S only opens about 3/4 of the way due to the slope of the roof. Does the TL’s sunroof open all the way? How’s the headroom?

Question 2: What is “Fenderwell Trim?” Is it visible, or is it fully within the wheel well?

Question 3: Why can’t I get a tan interior on a blue car?

Question 4: If I get the under-body spoilers could I still get splash guards and/or a full nose mask? They don’t appear to be compatible.

Question 5: What do you guys think of the rear wing spoiler? Sporty or phony?

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Let me see if I can answer some of your questions. I don't own a TL-S but do own a 2000TL with most factory options.

Question #2 The Fenderwell Trim is the trim that goes on the edge of your wheelwell. Its curved like your wheel & its a black color.
I have it on my car on dark colors you can't see it unless your up close. It is put on the curve of the wheel well on the fender.

Question #4 The Splash Guards will not fit for sure with the underbody kit on. I also think the Full Nose Mask will not fit with the underbody kit. I am not sure of this but I remember someone saying the mask will not fit with the front of the kit.

Question #5 I like it I also had them on my 90&94 Accords. The rear spoiler adds something to the car. Somepeople like them some don't. I think the Factory Rear Wing Spoiler as well as the Underbody Kit give the car better looks.It also take away the bland styling of the TL.

Question #1 The roof goes about 3/4 way back I don't use mine in the open position that much. I have mine in the tilt position most of the time. For head room I can't speak to much on this subject because Iam only 5'6 & have plenty of room.

------------------
2000 3.2TL Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Navigation/ Optional Factory Chrome Multi Spoke 16" Wheels/Factory Underbody Kit/Factory Spoiler/Moonroof Visor/Factory 6-CD Changer/Trunk Mat/Factory Black Wheel Well Trim/Clifford IG8000 Alarm System w/add-ons/%51 Tint/Weathertech Floormats /Michelin Arcctic Alpin Winter Tires on Stock Wheels/Factory Car Cover/Factory Gold Emblems Grille & Exhaust Tips
Old 03-22-2001, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the quick answers guys. I'm strongly leaning towards getting all of the spoilers. It does set the car apart from the average TL, and seems to enhance the image of the Type S as a performance sedan.

I really wish that I could get the tan interior in the blue car. Acura could fleece me for another couple thousand dollers because I would get the wood wheel, shift knob and all the other wood inserts. I'm not impressed with the black wood.
Old 03-22-2001, 04:58 PM

Question

Can't you get the dark blue with parchment???