Family man

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2002, 07:24 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Family man

I am having withdrawal from my 94 3000gt (base). I am now a proud father, and a proud 99TL owner, but I had to let the 3000GT go for garage space and the extra liability. I think the 3000GT was a tad quicker, but the TL is also quite respectable itself, and I can even put the car seat in it . I do miss the 3000, but now I am sittin in leather, listenin to the Bose, sunroof open, and an automatic for traffic glidin'. Anyone else go thru this family man syndrome??
Old 03-08-2002, 09:50 AM
All Hail the Chief

"Family man syndrome", come on, you make me feel like I just bought an old man car! ie. a station wagon(80's) or minivan(90's)!!!

It's enough that work and laziness has forced me into size 40 grandpa pants , but that's another story! But hopefully I'm still a long way from being a traditional family man.

I'm 23, and I like to consider my TL a car for the young, luxury minded individual. Complete with a perfect blend of sport, luxury, and everyday resourcefulness.

I'm rambling....
Old 03-08-2002, 10:15 AM
Instructor

welcome to the crowd! :-)
Old 03-08-2002, 10:30 AM
Retired MOD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

You made a good choice, but you would probably be happier if you bought a type S. A couple of aftermerket mod's and you could be running around 260HP. Get a body kit, spolier, some 18" wheels and you will overcome the family man syndrome.
Old 03-08-2002, 03:32 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Bitium
You made a good choice, but you would probably be happier if you bought a type S. A couple of aftermerket mod's and you could be running around 260HP. Get a body kit, spolier, some 18" wheels and you will overcome the family man syndrome.
I agree..Just purchase a Spoiler or the body kits and you will change your mind fast!!!
Old 03-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Advanced

Re: Family man

Originally posted by my99tl
I am having withdrawal from my 94 3000gt (base). I am now a proud father, and a proud 99TL owner, but I had to let the 3000GT go for garage space and the extra liability. I think the 3000GT was a tad quicker, but the TL is also quite respectable itself, and I can even put the car seat in it . I do miss the 3000, but now I am sittin in leather, listenin to the Bose, sunroof open, and an automatic for traffic glidin'. Anyone else go thru this family man syndrome??
I feel your pain AND your gain! Been the M3 route (E36), done the SUV thing, and the TLS is the perfect compromise in my mind - especially when a buddy calls asking to haul some crap around in the Expedition I got rid of.

BTW - you got any advice on how to install that first mod you've got listed?
Old 03-08-2002, 06:35 PM
Intermediate

same here, I traded in my 93 Porsche 968 6-speed for a 2000 TL. Even though the TL is not an eye catcher, now I'm with a quiet and large interior, and a semi-automatic that I won't be screaming when in traffic!! But I won't say it's a "Family man syndrome", I'd rather say it's a change of life-style!
Old 03-08-2002, 06:44 PM
@(UR@ +!

Family my butt!!!

I'm single, in my late 20's and enjoying the hell out of my TL. I might not get as many looks as I did when I had my civic...but now it's a different kinda a "woman" that looks if you know what I mean Hehehehehe.

And about your first mod...I think it's gonna be like the next "super" mod that everyone should list. I personally prefer apple
Old 03-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Excellent choice on the color, o.k., i'm a little biased...
Old 03-08-2002, 10:11 PM
Advanced

Get a body kit, spolier, some 18" wheels ......
Something tells me the wifey's gonna have something to say about that.

I have to sneak all my mods in. (What's that dear, the Acura felt faster today ? Hmmm, maybe it just got "broken in")
Old 03-09-2002, 01:00 AM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by jimagain

I have to sneak all my mods in. (What's that dear, the Acura felt faster today ? Hmmm, maybe it just got "broken in")
That was funny.

Thank god, my girlfriend likes cars. She has sway bar, AGX adjustable shocks, 17" rims, Body kit, spoiler, lowering springs. She has a G20 BTW. She wants a Turbo :wow: . She drives very good too.
Old 03-09-2002, 06:40 AM
Safety Car

That was funny.

Thank god, my girlfriend likes cars. She has sway bar, AGX adjustable shocks, 17" rims, Body kit, spoiler, lowering springs. She has a G20 BTW. She wants a Turbo :wow: . She drives very good too.
Have her get it!! Power is the one thing the G20 is lacking, other than that they are great looking cars.... nothing fancy, but fresh n clean, imo...

That was one of my choices if it weren't for the anemic engine.

Welcome to the board other dood...

Family car?
Booooyyyyy I will knock tha $hit outta you!!

I B 19 and I gettin' no wife n' kids for aloooonggg time. hehe
Old 03-09-2002, 05:07 PM
@(UR@ +!

Something tells me the wifey's gonna have something to say about that.

Don't tell me that really works?
Old 03-09-2002, 07:55 PM
Retired MOD

Originally posted by TommyBoiSxty9

Have her get it!! Power is the one thing the G20 is lacking, other than that they are great looking cars.... nothing fancy, but fresh n clean, imo...

Yes is very nice, but the lack of power is big minus. That's why she wants a turbo. I told her she could get NOS, but she didn't want to. I said I want to try it on yours and if it blows up I won't do it to mine.
Old 03-09-2002, 11:56 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by copyryte

Don't tell me that really works?
Of course I'm exagerating, but not by much ! I can get away with a lot, as long as it's not visually much different (ie: New wheels) or noticeably louder.

Suffice it to say, she is not a car person. We'll probably have this TL for at least a few years and I guarantee that she will never, ever pop the hood, or look under the car. She will probably never exceed 5000 RPMs and will never use SS when she drives it either. It starts, has leather, a sunroof, CD player - she's happy.
Old 03-10-2002, 10:30 PM
@(UR@ +!

Of course I'm exagerating, but not by much ! I can get away with a lot, as long as it's not visually much different (ie: New wheels) or noticeably louder.

Suffice it to say, she is not a car person. We'll probably have this TL for at least a few years and I guarantee that she will never, ever pop the hood, or look under the car. She will probably never exceed 5000 RPMs and will never use SS when she drives it either. It starts, has leather, a sunroof, CD player - she's happy.
Hehehehe So true!