exterior is nearly complete, maybe.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
Originally Posted by fobstylez
^ damn man, look at when you posted that, do you sleep?
hahaha I think it was one of the nights I couldnt sleep LOL

Originally Posted by kidduce
^^^lol. Addict!!!
haha
Old 06-04-2009, 06:07 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03TL_typeS
hahaha I think it was one of the nights I couldnt sleep LOL

haha
yea man, sunday night I couldnt sleep and stayed up till 330, crappy part is I gotta wake up at 630, work was not cool.

Originally Posted by -Vip3r-
the more i look at it, the more i think this is one of the cleanest looking retrofits done.. it blends in and flows pretty well unlike some others. what parts did you use?
Thanks man. all the parts are stock, projectors are from a tsx, only thing I needed to add was some clean shrouds. A lot of people out there use homemade shrouds so that might be it. I got mine on ebay

If you look, there is a gap ring around the shroud, I was thinking about wiring in a red LED behind it to give it a mad headlight look, but of course, attached to a switch, because 99% of the time I wouldnt want it on. I think the headlights look better in person, those pictures doesnt show the shroud. It stands out a lot with the blacked out housing. But I'm still working on them, just taking a break because the weather has been really hot lately.

For one, I need to align the angle, its pointed down a bit
two, I need to paint the drivers side black
three, i need to install the red led
and four, I might paint the high beam yellow.

But all of these is simple and ez to do. Here is a closer look at them

The glare kinda takes away from it, i'll post another pic when I'm done with the led and yellow highbeams. I also bought some LED corners that I need to swap in.

Last edited by fobstylez; 06-04-2009 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Your TL-S looks sweet! Good job - hope to see your TL driving around Washington County.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:48 PM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
It might be the photo quality but looks like you should polish up the headlights

Come on, no one's going to see the retro!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM
Traded in my

bonk n fobs - we all live in the same area and drive SSM (which IMO gives you 8+whp over any other color )
So we def gotta meet up and show off the SSMs..kinda like a mini meet thang I def need some help gettin my TL-S to where you guys are at.
Keep up the good work fobs!!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 111 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
bonk n fobs - we all live in the same area and drive SSM (which IMO gives you 8+whp over any other color )
So we def gotta meet up and show off the SSMs..kinda like a mini meet thang I def need some help gettin my TL-S to where you guys are at.
I thought it was 9.. ssm ftmfw!!!
Old 06-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Traded in my

Originally Posted by kidduce
I thought it was 9.. ssm ftmfw!!!
My mistake.. Kinda a newb here
Old 06-05-2009, 12:28 PM
Pro

Eh, my TL-S is pretty plain. It looks stock except for the drop , but sure, I'd meet up with you two youngsters to check out your rides sometime.
Old 06-05-2009, 01:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by bonknhead
Eh, my TL-S is pretty plain. It looks stock except for the drop , but sure, I'd meet up with you two youngsters to check out your rides sometime.
What? how old are you? I'm like one of the older guys on these forums. I bought my car for the class and speed. I wasnt going to mod it cause i'm old, maybe just the lip kit, but after the kit, it didnt look right without rims, then when I got the rims, the gap was insane so I had to lower it. Then i needed better lighting, so I got the hid fogs, but decided I want something different so I did the retro. Then it started getting hotter so I had to tint the windows. Then my stock deck couldnt play mp3s so I got a new stereo. Then the new stereo couldnt hook up the stock sub so I had to get an amp/sub. Its getting out of control. Hehe yea ill meet with you guys.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Pro

My wife says I'm way too old to be modding. I politely disagree.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Burning Brakes

My gf jokes around saying the samething. I think as long as we keep our cars clean then you can mod it all we want. Just tell her next time that she is too old for makeup! Jk, dont say that!
Old 06-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Pro

My gf jokes around saying the samething. I think as long as we keep our cars clean then you can mod it all we want.
In addition to keeping their cars clean. I always wash, vacuum and (occassionally) wax her car before I do mine.

Just tell her next time that she is too old for makeup! Jk, dont say that!
I would never say that - how do you think I've managed to stay married for 17 years?
Old 06-05-2009, 08:53 PM
03' NBP TL-S

you have ground controls on stock shocks?
Old 06-05-2009, 11:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Leo Type-S
you have ground controls on stock shocks?
yup
Old 06-06-2009, 10:03 AM
極品インスパイア32V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice... clean and simple
may be debadge "type-s"
Old 06-07-2009, 03:08 PM
Traded in my

Haha..no doubt. I'll still be moddin my cars when I get to ur age (30 years from now )
I just wish I was a little older with a better payin job so I could have more money for mods. But for now, I'm a broke college kid puttin most of my money towards that UP education...
But I'm gettin there..slowly but surely. Just got my Redstuff..waitin for my check for the Rotora X-drilled/slotted rotors. Next is CT Icebox..thanks to bonk for the push..and soon after is RJ 18" Inspyres. Somewhere along the way will be a tint but I'm not sure when..
When are you guys free..I'm thinkin maybe a Sonic run for some food and some loitering..?
Old 06-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Pro

Haha..no doubt. I'll still be moddin my cars when I get to ur age (30 years from now )I just wish I was a little older with a better payin job so I could have more money for mods. But for now, I'm a broke college kid puttin most of my money towards that UP education...
But I'm gettin there..slowly but surely. Just got my Redstuff..waitin for my check for the Rotora X-drilled/slotted rotors. Next is CT Icebox..thanks to bonk for the push..and soon after is RJ 18" Inspyres. Somewhere along the way will be a tint but I'm not sure when..
When are you guys free..I'm thinkin maybe a Sonic run for some food and some loitering..?
Wow - my son is nearly your age! He's not even interested in driving yet, but he does like my TL-S.

Eh, I'm not much of a loitering kind of guy, sorry. Kinda too old for that now, especially since my age is the same as two of you combined!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Burning Brakes

LOL yeah i'm with bonk that one as well, i'm a bit older and avoid loitering as well. Man, on my way back from seattle I drove next to a 3g TL with same mods as mine, man I really want to trade my car in! they are freaking sick
Old 06-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Clean. I'm really scared to attempt to paint my headlights....
Old 06-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Neejay
Clean. I'm really scared to attempt to paint my headlights....
Its really not that bad, just drop the rack to the bottom rack, then what I did was took a body towel, damp it with water then put it on top of the rack. That way it doesnt melt the bottom of your headlights because baking turns the heat on, on the bottom portion. Rest is cake
Old 06-08-2009, 10:10 AM
Pro

BTW Fobstylez, I always wanted to ask - how difficult an time-consuming is it to clear headlights? I'd love to do it, but I don't want mess it up and get condensation in them if I don't seal them well. Would you be able to help me?
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Burning Brakes

BTW Fobstylez, I always wanted to ask - how difficult an time-consuming is it to clear headlights? I'd love to do it, but I don't want mess it up and get condensation in them if I don't seal them well. Would you be able to help me?
Its super ez, its just like the description above. I have done it numerous times on this car.

1. Drop the rack to the bottom
2. Get a bath towel, make it damp, but not too damp where it will be dripping wet. This will block the heat from below. Only draw back to having a damp towel is the heat will cause a lot of steam to come from your oven, but this is normal. I like this method because its 100% safe and it wont cause your housing to melt.
3. Of course pre heat your oven to 275, I put it in there for about 7 mins. If you are scared, you can open up your oven to touch the housing, its hot, but not super burning hot.
4. Once the time is up, take them out of the oven, they will be hot so you will need towels or oven gloves.
5. Now this part requires some elbow grease, take a flat head screw driver and wedge it in between the cover and the housing, anywhere works, doesnt matter, and just run it along the housing. Once you have it spread out enough then you can just grab it with both hands and pull apart. One of my headlights was a bit tougher so I had to put them back in for another 5 mins before they came apart.
6. Once you have it apart its pretty ez to figure out yourself, do the reverse methods to put it back together. The original silicon should be enough to seal it all around but just in case, I bought extra clear silicon and applied it around the edges

I have to take apart my headlights to paint the other side and re-align, Ill snap pictures for you guys in the process.

Last edited by fobstylez; 06-08-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:04 PM
Pro

Its super ez, its just like the description above. I have done it numerous times on this car.

1. Drop the rack to the bottom
2. Get a bath towel, make it damp, but not too damp where it will be dripping wet. This will block the heat from below. Only draw back to having a damp towel is the heat will cause a lot of steam to come from your oven, but this is normal. I like this method because its 100% safe and it wont cause your housing to melt.
3. Of course pre heat your oven to 275, I put it in there for about 7 mins. If you are scared, you can open up your oven to touch the housing, its hot, but not super burning hot.
4. Once the time is up, take them out of the oven, they will be hot so you will need towels or oven gloves.
5. Now this part requires some elbow grease, take a flat head screw driver and wedge it in between the cover and the housing, anywhere works, doesnt matter, and just run it along the housing. Once you have it spread out enough then you can just grab it with both hands and pull apart. One of my headlights was a bit tougher so I had to put them back in for another 5 mins before they came apart.
6. Once you have it apart its pretty ez to figure out yourself, do the reverse methods to put it back together. The original silicon should be enough to seal it all around but just in case, I bought extra clear silicon and applied it around the edges

I have to take apart my headlights to paint the other side and re-align, Ill snap pictures for you guys in the process.
Cool, you make it sound a lot easier than I'm thinking it is. Be sure to take pics!
Old 06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Cool, you make it sound a lot easier than I'm thinking it is. Be sure to take pics!
its really not hard man, its one of the easier mods, just a bit time consuming because you have to take out your headilghts, but once you take them out, takes no time to mod. People are just scared they will melt their housing, 275 with a towel, wont
Old 06-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Pro

its really not hard man, its one of the easier mods, just a bit time consuming because you have to take out your headilghts, but once you take them out, takes no time to mod. People are just scared they will melt their housing, 275 with a towel, wont
Ok, cool. I do everything on my 240sx (I've done everything excluding body panels and motor internals), but I don't want to F-up my baby/DD. lol

I'll just find the DIY for headlight removal and use your quick and dirty method.

Thanks man.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:33 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Love the retro, TL is clean.

Great looking SSM.
Old 06-08-2009, 11:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by nf3d0149ab
Love the retro, TL is clean.

Great looking SSM.
Thanks man

Ok, cool. I do everything on my 240sx (I've done everything excluding body panels and motor internals), but I don't want to F-up my baby/DD. lol

I'll just find the DIY for headlight removal and use your quick and dirty method.

Thanks man.
Let me know if you need help removing the bumper