experience with acura of lynnwood, seattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
experience with acura of lynnwood, seattle

I lost my cell phone in within an hour after forgetting in the returned loaner car.
An hour later, I came back, the 200$ phone was never seen since. therefore, they must be employing thieves criminals in their service team. I am disgusted with them.
In addition that, everytime I went there for service, I used to repeatedly get annoying phone calls for days to rate their service after the service appointments. They also used to attach a slip of paper saying if you cant rate us well please talk to the service manager.
Well, once I lost my cell phone after my last appointment, I never get the rating calls anymore, probably in the fear, that I might rate them bad.
Very gross. I believe the customers who has a less than perfect experience dont receive call to rate their service.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM
WIP-Work in Progress

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by guyenacurazine
I lost my cell phone in within an hour after forgetting in the returned loaner car.
An hour later, I came back, the 200$ phone was never seen since. therefore, they must be employing thieves criminals in their service team. I am disgusted with them.
In addition that, everytime I went there for service, I used to repeatedly get annoying phone calls for days to rate their service after the service appointments. They also used to attach a slip of paper saying if you cant rate us well please talk to the service manager.
Well, once I lost my cell phone after my last appointment, I never get the rating calls anymore, probably in the fear, that I might rate them bad.
Very gross. I believe the customers who has a less than perfect experience dont receive call to rate their service.
I had a similar experience with Acura of Southcenter in Tukwila. Went in for some service, and I usually keep my earpiece in the cupholder. Before leaving the stealership, I checked, and someone had replaced it with an older model. I went back in and spoke with the service dept, they went to the shop and questioned everyone and they vouched nobody stole. Well I wouldn't leave until I got my earpiece back, so I called the police and filed a report. It seems like this wasnt the first time this had happened at this place. So about a week later, the GM sent me a letter of apology and $100 check and told me never to leave anymore valuables in the car and if I come again that I would sign a form saying I did not leave anything in the car that is valuble that would tempt people to steal. WTF??? Needless to say I've never been back to that place.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:48 AM
o.O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can't expect much from most mechanics. I hate dealing with mechanics because they have no people skills nor customer service. I have a high value in costumer service because I have been in that field for some years now, so that stuff bothers me.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:07 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts

Sad they took your phone. Could've happened anywhere though -valet, car wash, whatever. Stuff like this is not immune to lux/near-lux/entry-lux automobile dealerships. You made the first mistake by leaving your phone, so ....

The calls for survey is not the dealerships fault. It's an Acura Corporate thing and it's a messed up system.

If you give them 9 of 10 on an oil change becasue the waiting room only had chocolate chunk cookies, Acura rates that as a fail. The only acceptable score (according to the Corporate bozo's who created this system) is 10. Less than perfect scores affect manager pay and tech ratings. Therefore, they really want to have the chance to "fix" your less than perfect score if possible.
Old 03-30-2009, 02:55 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
I wished someone could set them up with a camera to get these crooks. I lost my good pair of sunglasses with enterprise car rental. The guy picked up the car, saw my sunglasses, then he turned over and looked at me to see if I spotted him, I was wondering why he was looking at me. When I got home, 30 min later realized my missing sunglasses, came back and everyone there acted like that is how it should be handled, acting dumb and innocent like nothing happened. I asked to talk to the guy that picked up my car, but he never confronted me. If they smell you are coming back because you forgot something, they can tell you without thinking or even let you finish, we didn't find anything, they don't even know what car, what so ever, but denied first. I will never deal with enterprise again, they are crooks anyway if you look them up on internet or with bbb. they filed fraud claims against customers.

Sorry to hear your lost. Like above said, no matter where or who you are dealing with, leaving valueable things in the car is a no no. Stay away from the crooks is the best you can do. At least they have one less customer, one by one, slowly it will make a difference.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts
I would try to leave money here and there in the car, take pictures of it, and see what happens.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts
I think you can call or go see your cell phone company an tell them someone stole the phone out of your car. Next they will put trace on the FCC ID# an IC # inside your phone. What happen now is when someone make phone call with that phone it automatize go to Customer to the fraud department.Even if they which out sim card an use another one. Last it will then locked there sim card an there Cell# until they go to Authorize deal to get it unlock an answer Some Question on how they got that Phone.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:13 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by AznWayTL's
I think you can call or go see your cell phone company an tell them someone stole the phone out of your car. Next they will put trace on the FCC ID# an IC # inside your phone. What happen now is when someone make phone call with that phone it automatize go to Customer to the fraud department.Even if they which out sim card an use another one. Last it will then locked there sim card an there Cell# until they go to Authorize deal to get it unlock an answer Some Question on how they got that Phone.
Good idea.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:26 PM
School or Mods???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could've been other customers???
i'm not trying to defend Acura dealers, but it's a possiblity...
Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been to the lynwood one a few times for oil changes, never had any problems.That sucks
Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM
USDM -> JDM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
currently, acura of lynnwood keeps telling me that i am due for a 150,000 mile service and im only at 82K....
Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 PM
spaz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i bought my old tl from there.
i didnt like them at all.

will never go back.

hinshaws and acura of bellevue are the only ones i'd go to.
but most of the time if i need service that i can't do myself i have it done at greg's japanese auto.

good people at the puyallup location.
i did my job shadow there lol.

Last edited by Bearcat94; 04-01-2009 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Use "Edit" instead of Post Whoring
Old 04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 2000DEP
could've been other customers???
i'm not trying to defend Acura dealers, but it's a possiblity...
NO, it was not loaned out by the time I got there half hour later and could not find. I also came there next day and it was loaned out. still cold not find.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
The calls for survey is not the dealerships fault. It's an Acura Corporate thing and it's a messed up system.
That is what I thought. But it is just fishy that was the only time I dont get that annoying call. Every other time, I went there before and after that incident, I have always been getting that annoying calls.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:44 PM
AZ Community Team

That is what I thought. But it is just fishy that was the only time I dont get that annoying call. Every other time, I went there before and after that incident, I have always been getting that annoying calls.

Funny, now that you mention it, they stopped calling me after I gave a less than stellar score (this was before I learned how the dumb system worked).