Expected Lifespan of ROTORA Rotors/Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Go Brewers!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Expected Lifespan of ROTORA Rotors/Pads

Got a question I was hoping to get answered.

I purchased and installed ROTORA Front/Rear Slotted Rotors and have strictly been using ROTORA H2 Ceramic Front/Rear Pads with these. I have been using them since August of '07, so about 2 and a half years.

Early last winter I felt a slight vibration while stopping and thought I had a warped rotor. It's seemed to get worse and I haven't done any hard stopping.

Due to time constraints, I just took it to Tires Plus to rotate tires and check out what's going on. They tell me I need new rotors and pads because the rears are pitted and rusting and the fronts aren't as bad, but getting there.

What would cause this? I drive the car very regularly don't give it time to rust. Is this an accurate life span for these rotors? I am asking because I expected them to last for many more years, if not the life of the car (with proper pad replacement).
Thanks for the input.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
and you trust tires plus to look at your brakes
Knowing they are going to say it needs everything- they dont know how to deal with slotted rotors
Pitted? pics please

get a 2nd opinion from a shop that does acura/honda
big chain stores have to make a certain profit and markup on every job every day
stay away from those type places

pads vary with how you drive but at least 25kmiles of easy use to 40 IMO
You could have a problem of not getting them hot enough!
that leads to glaze and vibration on braking
take it out for a good fun run and use the brakes-
thats IF 2nd shop says all is well on pad depth and rotor copndition

Have you changed the brake fluid?
make sure the calipers are working properly
Old 06-11-2010, 01:16 AM
6G TLX-S

Received 1,144 Likes on 817 Posts
I'm now on my 2nd pair of Rotora slotted fronts, but still on my original pair of Rotora slotted rears.

The 1st pair of Rotora went through one set of Axxis Ultimate pads and approx. 1/3 set of EBC Green pads, before the front rotors warped on me. It was no small vibration. The steering wheel was shaking whenever I lightly applied the brakes.

Since none of the local shops knew how to turn (machine) slotted rotors, and while the rear rotors were still good, I decided to buy another pair of Rotora slotted fronts and new EBC Green pads all around, and has no problem since.

One side note is that the paint job for the 2nd pair of Rotor fronts wasn't as good as the 1st pair which I bought 4 years back. The black paint around the hub edge of the front rotors was all chipped up. It was likely that the factory workers stacked the finished rotors on top of one another without using any protection materials.

The EBC Green performs much better and lasts much longer than the extremely dusty Axxis Ultimate.